Friday, November 11, 2011

NHD-sy things and the eleventh of november

So you may remember that House and I did a rather silly project on Robespierre last year for not-quite-National-History-Day; this year, we're at it again, only instead of Robespierre, we bring you another French revolutionary who happens to be a) conveniently tied into American history, b) not hated by the general public and not considered a raving maniac, and c) a person who actually lived a nice, long life. In short, Marie-Joseph-he's-got-too-many-names du Motier, commonly known as the Marquis de Lafayette.

The outline powerpoint is due Monday and I spent awhile today doing that; it took longer than I thought and I got through about three-ish slides.

It's quite interesting to see how Lafayette gets old; one minute he's all chipper and wig-wearing and then he suddenly gets kind of old and chunky and you can see his actual hair color, which is apparently completely brown-red even when he's, like, sixty years old.
here is an illustration to illustrate my point
We've not gotten very far into the exact design of our exhibit board yet, but hopefully it'll nicely fuse the French and American flags together and it'll be pretty and mind-boggling and sparkly. :D
something like this, maybe, minus the mini-Lafayettes. also, this kind of looks like some sort of shippy Hetalia fanart, but it's not. and I just realized that I super-failed on drawing the leftmost American flag. >.<" ah well; too late now
Soooo, yeah. It was a lovely day today; Curlyfryland received some snow, but it didn't stick around, much to my extreme disappointment. I ate a lot of ice cream and leftover Halloween candy and also read a lot of Merlin fanfiction and completely failed to increase my wordcount, but that's okay because I still have the rest of tonight and I'm almost to the halfway point and yeahhhh.

It's 11/11/11 today! Make a wish! (I missed 11:11 AM, unfortunately, but there's still the PM, so it's all good.) I wish that NHD were over, amongst other things.


okay bye.


xiy

2 comments:

  1. SPARKLY! lol, yes. I wish that I had finished my NHD ppt (cough...eh, started?) and that I go to nationals and BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA LUKUN'S STANDING IN MOMMY'S EYES WHEN I GET 1st PLACE!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can we see this powerpoint, because I'd love to see the finished product, especially if those illustrations are in them!

    ReplyDelete