Friday, November 4, 2011

happy national dress-up-like-Bio-Teacher day!

I think that Momo has already mentioned in a previous post what Bio Teacher (as opposed to Other Bio Teacher, who is the biology teacher of House and Lynda and therefore far less cool) dresses like; for those who missed the memo and and don't feel like clicking the link, he basically wears a lumberjack shirt and carries around a gold (but probably not real gold) coffee mug every single day. Today, by popular agreement of our bio class, was dress-up-like-Bio-Teacher day, in which over half the class showed up wearing plaid. It was funny.


here is my interpretation.
Bio Teacher also bought us bagels, because we organized Bagel Fridays and nobody else wanted to bring them today, so he was forced into it. So it's like he's earning negative money for teaching us. ^.^ I had a raisin bagel and it was very delicious.


School was pretty dumb today and nothing very important was accomplished; after school, Lynda and I hung out with a fellow freshman nerd who, unlike his largely far-dimmer compatriots that populate my math class, has decided to take proper traumatizing ninth-grade geometry/algebra instead of being dumb and jumping up a grade. It was nice and we talked about how the high school library is terrible and also about grades, because no nerdy conversation can be complete without a conversation about grades.


(It almost made me feel popular. ^.^)


And then I went home and ate a lot and now I don't feel so well and I really don't want to do some dumb French homework assignment. And the IB programme is stupid. They need to work out their nouns and adjectives, because that's just stupid. (Speaking of the IB programme, there used to be a poster for it hanging on the wall of the school, but then the wind blew it off the wall and it broke a window, so now it is no longer there; that amused me to no end.)


In NaNo related news, my wordcount is at 7,115 (I haven't written anything yet today) and I guess putting up excerpts is, like, a thing, so here you go:


They ended up, oddly enough, with a minimum of fuss and explodey noise on some sort of damp greyish rock with enough terminal force to bruise a rhinoceros; gods not being rhinos, they got away with one slightly bashed shoulder (Rediculus), a copiously bleeding nose (Sors), various smaller injuries, and lots of pained not-wailing-because-gods-are-better-than-that. Rediculus ended up having most of the minor bashery and landing in a puddle as well, as Sors was the god of luck and it was probably about time that particular facet of his personality kicked in. It was only fair.

So, yeah, NaNo this year is about Roman gods. On vacation, only not really. Sort of. I don't even know. But anyway, I need to ask you Latin people quite a few questions once December kicks in and I actually start to care about realism.

xiy 

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that Biology teacher didn't even notice at first that we were /him/. Also your NaNo sounds really funny and good and I would read it if I saw it in a book store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best biology class EVER!!

    ReplyDelete