Friday, September 23, 2011

I am reading a novel about the French Revolution,

but at the moment, I don't think it's terribly good. I am, however, only on page 76, so perhaps I should reserve further judgement until later.

The book is Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, and apparently it's supposed to be good (this opinion originating from the letter from the publisher stuffed at the front of the book), and it's about the French Revolution and I like the French Revolution, so, hey. Maybe when it gets more into the historical bits and less about the main character angsting and angsting and angsting (and angsting and angsting and angsting). Because that's already getting really boring.

It's Carrie's birthday soon! Happy almost birthday!

Aaaaaaand ummm. There was book club today. We ate cookies and it was fun.

I think we need another theme week. I can't think of anything to really post. 


So I will be taking my inspiration from Momo's "Five Ways To Start an Interesting Post," because I am unoriginal like that.


2. In elementary school, the best way to spend recess was...

On sort of rainy, drab-ish days like today (today was very rainy and very drab) when one's breath was visible in the air (the raininess and drabness hasn't quite reached that point yet), I remember we'd always play dragons and pretend to be blowing smoky water vapor and exploding things with our fiery breaths. It was really fun, and a good way to pass the time too, since on rainy days the slides would almost all be out of commission and monkey bars are no fun if one gets one's hands all wet and cold while hanging off them.

And then in winter, there would be all sorts of games along the lines of Antarctic Explorers and See How Fast We Can Pull The Sled and Dig Candy Out Of The Snow and Throw Badly-Made Snowballs At Badly-Made Snow Forts. 

I miss elementary school. ):

/ramble

xiy 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the nostalgia :'( I totally remember doing all of those fun activities with you guys. Do you remember in fall how we would play tornado when it was windy and the leaves blew everywhere? And in summer, when the grass was freshly shorn, we would make grass houses for elves. Oh! And do you remember our village at the Tree and the restaurant of mud products and the leaf money? And when we played spies with that one boy in 4th grade and found "clues" everywhere? And building snow forts? And do you remember when that one kid brought matches to school to burn a snow fort down and got suspended? We should write a novel about all of this stuff. I can think of about a bajillion more stories just from K-4.

    ReplyDelete