Tuesday, July 5, 2011

DON'T TALK TO ME. I'M NOT EMOTIONALLY STABLE.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS AHHH

I'm just trying to prepare myself. I mean, in the basic sense of the word, I'm prepared. I got my ticket, I got a ride, I got a T-shirt that says "IT ALL ENDS HERE." 

BUT I'M JUST NOT EMOTIONALLY PREPARED FOR THIS TO HAPPEN. 

I was going to just end the post here, but I decided to do one of these 30-day Harry Potter challenges... except I plan to do this whole thing right now. Here it goes!!

Note: I didn't write these questions, I found them on the internet. 

Day 1: Your fave book.
That's really, really hard. I think I'll have to say the seventh book, just because all of the awesome plot intricacies come together in a way that blows my mind. But to be honest, I could make an argument for any of the books and why they're each my favorite. I just love them all so much :'(

Day 2: Your fave movie.
That's difficult too. For my favorite in terms of how good the movie itself is on its own, I would have to say Prisoner of Azkaban. However, if I'm judging in terms of how good the adaptation was, definitely DH pt 1. And of course, overall most-awesome-movie-ever, Deathly Hallows Part 2. I don't care that it hasn't come out yet... IT'S MY FAVORITE. 

Day 3: Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book.
The fifth and sixth one both left out a ton of important plot details (even though I must say that the large injection of humor into Film 6 was very entertaining). There are two specific scenes that bother me the most - Snape's Worst Memory (it was in there, but only like five seconds. I think there's a full version on the deleted scenes, but still) and the omission of Kreacher's Tale - which was the only thing that I hated about DH pt. 1 with the exception of the Harmony dance scene. 

Day 4: Least fave female character and why.
Least favorite in terms of dislike? Dolores Umbridge, of course. I want to strangle her. However, she IS very well characterized for her purpose, and in that sense, she is not my least favorite.
Least favorite in terms of the characterization? Ginny, definitely. She's got a huge role in the plot, and yet she's given absolutely no depth of character in my opinion. 

Day 5: Fave male character and why.
Severus Snape!!! :) He's my hero. His story just breaks my heart. :'(
I also really love Neville. <3 If I had to marry one of the characters from Harry Potter, I would choose him. 

Day 6: What house would you want to be in.
"Would you want to be in"? Uhh, this isn't hypothetical at all. I AM A RAVENCLAW!!

Day 7: Fave female character and why.
Difficult. Probably Luna Lovegood. I feel like I can really relate to her. But I also love Tonks, and McGonagall is a beast, and of course Mollywobbles Weasley, "Not my daughter, you [w]itch!" ;)

Day 8: What do you think would be your fave lesson.
This one is easy - Ancient Runes! I love Latin and Ancient Greek, so Runes would be my favorite lesson at Hogwarts.

Day 9: Least fave male character.
Peter Pettigrew really pisses me off because he's such a coward. Also, I can't stand Lockhart.
That Potter boy gets on my nerves too.
Day 10: Horcruxes or Hallows.
Badly-worded question. Which would I rather possess? Hallows, of course. Which should Harry have been focusing on during the seventh book? Probably Horcruxes.

Day 11: What character would you say you are most like.
I don't know. I feel like I'm a cross between Luna and Hermione (even though JKR herself describes Luna as the anti-Hermione) because I'm very book!smart (depends on who you ask, though) and sometimes a bit harsh on people of lower intelligence - but I'm also quite strange, I don't really give a crap about conforming to what people think I should act/look like, and I'm sometimes socially awkward unless I'm around people who I know really well.

Day 12: Fave ship.
I really love Sev/Lily, even though it wasn't meant to be. Also Harry/Luna is really fun to write.
As for canon ships, I'd have to say Ron/Hermione. Oh, come on. They're meant for each other.

Day 13: Least fave movie.
Order of the Phoenix.

Day 14: Team Voldermort or Team Harry.
Hey that's funny, you spelled Voldemort wrong just like on our Latin Club T-shirts.
Um... Team Harry. As much as I like the idea of being a Death Eater and getting that sweet tat, Voldemort's ideals are, quite frankly, really bigoted. Muggle-borns should be allowed the same rights as any other wizards, and I would never support a dictatorship in which Ron and Hermione cannot legally get married. Team Harry is the obvious Good Side.
Day 15: Who would be your best friends at hogwarts. (three only)
Probably some random "Ravenclaw girls" who aren't even important enough in the books to get names. Perhaps one of them would be Luna.

Day 16: Fave professor
McGonagall, of course. She's such a beast. And by beast, I mean kitty cat!

Day 17: Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice.
I'm excited - I genuinely think it'll be really good and do the book justice. I'm just scared that I won't be able to hold myself together and end up leaving the theater in an ambulance.

Day 18: Least fave book.
Not a fair question. No, I have no least favorite.

Day 19: Do you prefer the books or films.
Books, duh.

Day 20: If you had to meet one member of the cast, who would it be.
Does J.K. Rowling count as a member of the cast??
Hmmm.... probably Rupert Grint. <3

Day 21: Out of all the characters that died, if you could bring one back, who would it be.
DOBBY!!!!

Day 22: Harry Potter or Twilight
**chokes** wait, what?!? Who wrote this thing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Day 23: Any part of the books/movies that makes you cry.
In the books, I cried when Dumbledore dies and when Dobby dies and also at the end of Deathly Hallows, just because it was over. In the movies, all those parts plus when Cedric dies - it's more emotional in the film adaption, I think.

Day 24: Any particular scene you wished would have been put in the movie but it wasn’t.
Oh, I think I already said that. Snape's Worst Memory and Kreacher's Tale.

Day 25: Nineteen years later. Are you happy how it turned out, or do you wish something was different, ie Neville married Luna.
Uh... I don't know. I kind of wish it had been presented in a different way. And I also kind of wanted Harry to die at the end of the battle. The epilogue was okay. Meh.

Day 26: If you could be able to work one spell without a wand what would it be.
Reparo! Now that would make my life easier.

Day 27: Would you rather own The Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand.
Probably the Cloak. It's the most useful - plus, it's doesn't give you grief and people don't try to kill you for it. Those are nice bonuses.

Day 28: Do you listen to Wrock, what do you think about it.
I listen to a bit of Wrock, but of course - as with any genre - it depends on the artist. I really like The Butterbeer Experience and The Ministry of Magic.

Day 29: Did you enjoy A Very Potter Musical.
YESYESYESYESYESYES!!! It's even better than the WB films!! :)

Day 30: What affect has Harry Potter made on your life and how much does it mean to you.
Oh god.
*starts to sob* 
Harry Potter saved my life, let's just leave it at that.


The sun is like BLAZING at me through the window right now. I've got to get off of the computer.
This exercise has been so emotionally draining. Please leave a comment if you want to discuss any of the questions.

Ta-ta for now & DFTBA

Virgil

4 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what you'll be like this time next week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that was a long post. But it was very enjoyable. ♥

    (Nine days, Virgil. NINE DAYS.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Virgil. You are so funny. If someone who didn't know you saw this, I think they would think you were exaggerating about being emotionally stable. However, I have a very vivid image of you writhing on the floor in excitement right now. Yeah, I am a little worried about your mental stability....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and now it's even less time until the release.
    ... and now it's even less time until the release.
    ... and now it's even less time until the release.
    ... AND NOW IT'S EVEN LESS
    AND LESS
    AND LESS AND LESS AND LESS
    ^.^

    love the post, btw. and I totally agree with you. McGonagall is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete