Monday, June 20, 2011

In the darkness...

Hello!
I didn't realize it was a theme week last week, so here's ma theme thing...

When I was a young child, I had a great fear of the dark. Not so much as the dark, as what could be in the dark. I was also terrified of being in the dark...alone. *shiver* I still have that fear. So anyways, one night, after I had watched a horror film that day, (DURING THE DAY-I never watch horror films at night. Never.) my parents mentioned that they needed to go to the lab and do something (some strange acronym-y thing that was science-y). I didn't realize that they meant, that night, in fact, I thought they were just thinking about it, for the next day. BUT THEY MEANT THAT NIGHT!!! So they left me. Little Kat, at home, in the darkness of the night...
This is me, innocently playing with my stuffed bunny, "Rabbie"...notice my parents sneaking off in the background?

 As I was sitting there, quite happy, playing with Rabbie (okay, so it's not that inventive of a name, but I still love Rabbie), I heard a door slam. Investigating it, I found that both my parents were gone (this is before I had siblings), and then I started freaking out. The only light on was the one in the living room, where I was, and everything else was dark. My only option to hide from the murderers (influence from the horror film) was to turn off all the lights. Otherwise, it'd be like spotlighting where I was, and then they could see me. I wouldn't be able to see them skulking in the darkness...but they could see me.
THEY COULD SEE ME
So...I curled up into a ball, and didn't move. I kept on the ground, in the middle of the room, because that was open ground, and I could run if need be. Also, moving wasn't an option. THEY WOULD HEAR ME. 
That's little Kat...terrified
I stayed like that for the longest time...it felt like 10 years had gone by...
Then my mom and dad came home.
I was SAVED.
They were completely shocked to see all the lights off, and their little daughter, crouching in the middle of the living room, looking like she was mad/crazy, with near bloodshot eyes (I didn't blink...they could feel me moving).
This happened...oh, every time my parents needed to do something at night...

It got worse when I saw my first...thing.
Yes, that thing.

So now, instead of just murderers, which is one thing (I mean, when you get killed, whatevs, right?), there were things. Things that could....*shudder*

As I got older, I progressed. Instead of crouching in the middle of the room, in the utter darkness with a stuffed rabbit named Rabbie...
With a much improved hairstyle, too!
I crouch in the darkness with a stainless steel frying pan, with non-stick coating, and a 30-year warranty. The warranty is helpful, just in case I accidentally crack it when hitting murderers and nasty things.

In the daylight, however, my fear of things is much worse than murderers ('cuz obviously murderers don't attack you in bright daylight). And in daylight, I do not crouch in the middle of the room (or park, classroom, car, etc.). Instead, I jump away from the thing. Grab the person nearest to me. And start screaming. "KILL IT! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
And that is how I have matured. :)
Happy Monday!
<3,
Kat

1 comment:

  1. I think the page counter is a Horcrux as is the funny mouse icon shooting fairy dust. I will destroy them by hacking into the blog using momo's saved password and changing the blog. WAHHHAAAHHHAHHHAA.

    mRS. s

    ReplyDelete