Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm at reading camp right now... POST FROM DA PAST!!

ALSDJHASKFJH it accidentally posted anyway. 
This is weird, because it says "Tuesday, June 21" on the date up there ^^ but IT'S A LIEE!!!

---

Hey, guys!! I'm at Reading Camp right now, having loads of fun with books and stuff :) yay! I wrote this on Saturday and set it to go up on Tuesday - hopefully it works.

Since last week I kinda forgot to do the theme, I figured I'd write-up a "childhood fears" post for ya'll. 

First of all, theme song!!! (So that you'll believe it's the REAL ME.) 
La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! Virgil loves Reading Camp and YouTube too! That's Virgil's wooorrrrrllldd. 

[By the way, this is probably going to be the last post for quite a few weeks from me that isn't completely OMG OMG OMG HARRY POTTER!!!]

Okay, so... childhood fears. 
I had a very inventive mind as a child. I still have quite the imagination, but when I was little, I wasn't quite as good at distinguishing the imaginary things from the real things. (I still occasionally have trouble with that. Every once in a while, someone looks me in the eye and tells me that Hogwarts isn't real, and I die a little bit inside. Except now it actually is real - in Orlando, Florida! ^_^ )

Okay, so first of all, let's go over the definition of the word "doldrums." It can either mean a) a period of depression or b) a region of the ocean where there's no wind. There's your little vocabulary lesson. THIS IS HOW IT RELATES TO CHILDHOOD FEARS: when I was young, maybe like five or six, I must have heard that word somewhere and made up my own definition; in my head, that was the name of the place where the evil monsters came from. And they were VERY VERY EVIL. They came at night. 




I HEARD THEM COMING. 
You know when it gets really quiet when you're about to go to sleep and you can sort of hear the blood pounding in your ears?
THAT'S THEIR FOOTSTEPS!!! 


They were the Doldrum Monsters. They were mean, they were scary, and they came every evening to eat every child who wasn't asleep in bed by 8:00. I would shut my eyes tight and hold Pooh Bear close and pray to Santa Clause for protection, but there was always a risk. The time at which they came inexplicably got later as I got older - maybe they were in league with my parents and knew what time I had to be in bed!! 


And then after 9/11 happened, I was really freaked out (long story) and somehow convinced myself that the Doldrum Monsters would always come at 9:11.

So, yeah. That's my little story.

In other news, my comment is at the top of a YouTube video for like the first time ever. I feel famous.Check it out:
(You have to click into YouTube to see the comments, but also watch the video because it's hilarious. I love HorribleFiction!)






(I'm naginitheawesome)


Okay, that's about it. 

DFTBA & Love, 

Virgil

3 comments:

  1. Pfft Virgil used a bad word! Now the Doldrum Monsters are going to come for you. :|

    also, as a side note, "Doldrums" is also a land in The Phantom Tollbooth where very lazy people go and do nothing all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^yes. That's actually what made me remember my childhood invention of "the Doldrum Monsters" because I reread The Phantom Tollbooth.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because it's posted at 9:11.

    ReplyDelete