Friday, June 24, 2011

I just got braces for the second time. FML.

My mother, in her apparently neverending quest to make my teeth perfect,decided on the day I was supposed to get my braces off that, oh no wait a minute, how about we get four of your teeth pulled so that those silly top teeth won't be sticking out quite so badly, hm?

DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT DO NOT WANT.  D:

But arguing was useless, and so it was decided (entirely by my mother, I might add) that my teeth were going to be pulled. She went to some dentist she's apparently friends with (I have never seen that dentist previously in my life) and got said dentist to be all, "Honey, your teeth are sticking out so much that you cant close your mouth properly; see, look, your teeth are pushing your lips outward! Let's pull them out so that you won't regret it later~*"

Might I add at this point that at the time of the visit, I had only gotten half my braces off for about a week? Thus, I had a) half a centimeter of metal and wire still cemented to my bottom teeth and b) only had a week to adjust to not having the aforementioned amount of metal and wire cemented in a similar manner to my top teeth? It's having braces that makes my mouth difficult to close, and it's not like I'd had any time to get used to my newly-stripped teeth; my lips hadn't adjusted to the gap yet.

In fact, after I got the braces put back onto my top teeth today (I really am annoyed by my mother sometimes), it's become actually consciously difficult for me to fully close my mouth again. So now I look like an idiot, and I'll continue to look like an idiot through a good portion of stupid high school because of the stupid dentist and my stupid mother** (what's sad is that the orthodontist is the only one at least partly on my side >.<) and their stupid tooth-pulling schemes.

(This place is reserved for capslock expletives that, for the sake of family friendliness, never made it onto the post.)
Anyway. Speaking of putting on the braces again (have I mentioned that I really am annoyed by my mother sometimes?), I had to sit (no, wait, it wasn't sitting, oh no, it was lying down at an uncomfortable angle so that the back of my head was completely numb) with my mouth stretched (uncomfortably!) open while people poked metal things in my mouth and sucked all the moisture out of it at the same time. So by the end of it, my tongue was completely dried out, I had an awful taste in the back of my throat from I-don't-know-what, the back of my head felt really weird, my mouth hurt, I had another pointy half-centimeter of metal and wire stuck once again on my teeth, and my mouth couldn't close properly.

And hey, guess what? NONE OF IT HAS GONE AWAY.

sdl;fkja'jdsdkl;jherjdfjfdf

AWDOUIQAS;DKLW;EIE;'K'E;ROJKERJELKRHEKRJAOWEIJAOPFJK
AWE[AP'E;ORIUA'RLJASDL;KDJFL;AWEAORJ'ODRJFDFNBDFL;SL[DFJD

D|


xiy

*And then, of course, she went on to relate horror stories about people who didn't want to pull teeth when they were teenagers and then had to foot the bill for major oral surgery later; etc, etc.


**Okay, fine, she's not stupid and I really do love her and every decision she makes is for my own good. I know. But sometimes I need to vent, alright?

4 comments:

  1. Orthodontists are stupid. Don't let them get to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha. sawdy. (I feel bad for you, though. did you at least get pretty colors?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. How long do you have to have them for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @House: I DIDN'T get pretty colors! They're just the boring tiny silver pointy icky kind. It's so unfair. :'(

    @Kerstin: If they're not off by junior year, I am staging a rebellion.

    ReplyDelete