Thursday, May 19, 2011

Banquet[o]

I feel like every week that I post, I'll be asking why it isn't Friday yet. 
Honestly, though, could Friday come any slower? 
Not only do we have to endure five entire school days before Friday every week, but we have more things to worry about now that finals season has returned.

Gagh. <-- segue

Our dear Thaichicken [she's in college (which means she's on summer vacation already)] joined our Latin class this week to explore the marvelous rituals of dead people in Ancient Rome.
Yeah. 
Sadly, today was her last day (although I'm sure she has had enough of us by now). 

SPEAKING OF LATIN <-- segue

Every year, Latin students from 9th-12th grade are invited to this marvelous thing called Banquet[o]. 
That done been happened yesterday.
All students who are either freshmen (that's us) or first time banqueters (banqueteers?) get to be slaves while everyone else gets to be a master.
I had probably the most innovative slave masters of them all.
Having an innovative master is not always the best thing.
My master thought very hard about how to keep herself entertained all night. 

Most of the slaves only had to wear silly costumes and doing silly tasks. House and Virgil, for example, had to color a teddy bear in five minutes. T

My master made me hop around in a pillow case.
I got to fill a bucket up with water with a Styrofoam cup that was covered with holes. Most of the water landed on the floor.
I got to write a three act play with the topics of orange, "the magnificent vegetable eggplant", and a man who lost his blimp/zeppelin. 
The play had to flow nicely, had to be a musical, and it was written in 9 minutes.
I also had very specific food orders in which I had to fight for a bottle of apple juice, sort the fruit salad so my master only got apples, no food could touch the other foods, and if I spilled (which was easy since I was hopping all night) I had to start again.

All of these things might sound horrible, but it was the most fun and memorable Latin event since convention.

We all got awards for the National Latin/Greek Exams, good food, and prizes like "power" bracelets and pinwheels.  

Also, at the end, I organized a slave revolt and we got to attack our masters with water guns.

*sigh*

I love Latin. Best Language Ever

-Momo


4 comments:

  1. Best language ever. Nothing else even compares.

    And our slave revolt was epic. It couldn't have happened with you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Hey guys we have a new follower looook ->)

    I feel like I should've gone to banquet now, if only to see/hear that play of yours. I'm sure it was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virgil: d'aaaw! You so nice.

    xiy:It will probably be posted on Facebook at some point tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^_^ I'm so glad you had a good time at Banquet. I'm very sad I missed it.

    There is never enough of you guys! You're the funnest class! (Shhh don't tell anyone else =P)

    ReplyDelete