Monday, April 18, 2011

Io Cerealia!!!

IO CEREALIA, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!! Today, in Ancient Rome, would be the holiday Cerealia. Cerealia was when the Romans would celebrate the goddess Ceres for bringing spring back and allowing them to harvest again. In modern Latin classes, it is celebrated by eating wheat (cereal) and fruit and pastries (like doughnuts and their holes). So that's what we did in Latin today.

Honestly, I think we should have this whole week off, though. Not only is today Cerealia and the first day of Passover, but it is Holy Week. We should get an entire extra week off, not just Friday.

We talked a lot about religion today in school. I don't mind, but today in science I was arguing with my teacher because she was like:

"You can be Christian and not believe in any of the stuff." 

And I was like, "Umm...no, you can't because then you wouldn't be Christian". 

Then she was like, "it's all a matter of opinion. If you just celebrate Christmas, you're a Christian."

To which I responded, "No, because you aren't celebrating it to commemorate Jesus being born, you're celebrating getting presents. It would be like if you started celebrating Kwanzaa because you like the colors or something. You wouldn't be considered a person celebrating African-Amereican heritage--"

And she politely replied "NO I AM ALWAYS RIGHT STOP MAKING ME LOOK STUPID!!!!"*

And then Lynda kindly raised her hand and said, "Seeing as I'm atheist, this conversation is making uncomfortable."

And our teacher screamed, "THANK YOU," the way she does every ten seconds to be even more obnoxious.

And I said, "See, now look what you started."

Then the whole class started arguing about how our teacher started the whole debate**.
All the while the entire class was simultaneously yelling and arguing. Ergh. 

Anyway. <--#1 Segue right up in thur.

Since we are ninth graders (we've disclosed this info. already, right?) we get to do this super-de-duperdy *sarcasm*  fun project called Ninth Grade History Day. House, xiy, Carrie and I had to turn in our tri-fold boards today and the other classes still have, like, two more weeks to work on theirs. My group (Carrie, me, and another girl) did Elie Wiesel and House and xiy worked together (since they're in the same class) and did Robespierre. 

I think both projects turned out swimmingly.

Before I go, I have an important message for all those who take/can read Ancient Greek and have read my Hillbilly Post:

θισ `υρ σπεσιμεν λοοκσ λικε δαρν ποο ον α στικ.

I'm off to see the wizard now. Toodles!!!
-Moomoo
P.S. 11 DAYS TILL THE ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
P.P.S. PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
P.P.P.S. Fo realz, tho. 
P.P.P.P.S. I'll try to remember the invites tomorrow.
OMG. Our math teacher was hyper today...

*She technically did not say these exact words, but...
**It started because we were talking about Passover and she asked how many Jews there were in the class and how many were actually celebrating Passover. Then she was talking about how you can be part of a religion and not believe in any of its ideals.

6 comments:

  1. Gah. How do you eat Lucky Charms? They're like tooth decay made solid and with flattering colours added in. It's horrible.

    I'll bypass the religious stuff for now.

    Whee, 9HD. >.>

    Anniversary party! :D

    Oh and weren't we supposed to do our favourite things this week? For theme week? (It's all right, though. I still liked your post.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEACHERS LIKE THAT ANNOY MEEEE

    Yeah, we were gonna do "my favorite things" but we could always just start it tomorrow and you could go last.

    lol. the sigma at the end of "looks" should be the other sigma, just sayin'

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. h is twitchy after sitting through sederApril 18, 2011 at 10:50 PM

    *ROLLS EYES* keep in mind what our history teacher has spent the entire year teaching us {i.e. bias}... momo's story is tiny bit opinionated. ALSOOO we decided this blog was strictly no religion. grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we said the blog wouldn't have any religion if you're telling the other people what to believe. I was just telling the story. And she was saying most of those things.

    ReplyDelete