Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter! & My Favorite Things

I just got back from church, and I went straight to church from Lynda's house, and I went straight to Lynda's house from getting out of bed this morning. So yeah, that's why this post is a lot later than usual today. 

IT'S SATURDAY!!!

La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! Virgil loves to acolyte, but not really! That's Virgil's worrrrrllllddd!!!!!!!

So at church today, we were holding our Easter Vigil ("vigil," from the Latin word vigilo, to stay awake, is a really long service in which no one stays awake) and guess whose name appeared on the roster for tonight's service. Hmph. I had to carry a really heavy cross and I thought I was going to drop it and then everyone would be mad at me >.<

So today I'm going to talk about my FAVOURITE THINGS! It's fantastic timing, because I've been in an incredibly good mood this weekend. These are in no particular order...


Virgil's Most Favourite Things

writing, 
especially during November,
rereading Harry Potter books
and coming across those parts that make me smile every time or make me cry every time,
the sound of thunder and pouring rain when I'm snuggled up in bed,
listening to traditional Christmas music in August,
reading Looking for Alaska in one night
and feeling absolutely refreshed in the morning, after a whole night of crying over 
the beauty of John Green's words,
listening to "Harry's Wondrous World" on repeat and never getting sick of it
listening to "Theme from Jurassic Park" on repeat and never getting sick of it
okay, let's just go with all John Williams music in general,
and when I'm at church and the gospel of the day just somehow seems to relate to my life at that moment,
and singing "I Vow to Thee My Country" (which is to the tune of Jupiter),
and that moment of inspiration when I come up with a new plot twist,
and that awesome feeling that you get when you've been wanting to do something for a really long time, but you've been too scared to do it, and then finally you work up the courage to do it and it's just the best kind of feeling in the entire world,
and that moment of realization I get sometimes when I look around and see friends who are real,
(not that my imaginary friends aren't amazing too),
and chocolate cake,
and the smell of vanilla and lavender and cigarette smoke,
and the moment when you're at the top of the Dragster and anything is possible,
and the taste of sticky toffee pudding that you can only get at the Cramond Inn,
and dancing to the AVPM soundtrack when no one is around,
and when I read a really good sentence like "What's the speed of dark?"
and the fudge from the Fudge Kitchen on the Royal Mile,
and Scottish shortbread,
and the rare moment when I read something I've written and actually feel proud,
and the smell of old books,
and playing the flute,
and people-watching in the airport,
and getting prizes at Latin Convention,
and the colour blue,
and the sound of the ocean,
and clouds that are shaped like dragons,
and looking at the stars,
and crossing things off of my list of things-to-do with my brand-new sparkly crayons,
and shiny things
and making lists of my favourite things. 
There are a lot more, but that's all I can think of for now. :) Also the 6LCF, of course, I love you guys so much.

Speaking of which, I believe our anniversary is this Friday, which means (if I am correct) that this is my very last Saturday post ever!!!! I will henceforth be posting on Tuesdays, and I sincerely hope that I will be able to live up to xiy's greatness. 

Best wishes!
Virgil

6 comments:

  1. Your list makes me happy :)

    "the sound of thunder and pouring rain when I'm snuggled up in bed"

    YES :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grins* the smell of vanilla and lavender and cigarette smoke ^.^

    you're gonna have to sing the Virgil Theme Song for me some time... I still don't know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOUSE! It's like the Elmo's World theme song.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB1DdKE5bUk

    Also, I love the eensy weensy writing bit. Lol. I DECLARE THAT THE LONGEST SENTENCE IN 6LCF HISTORY. AMEN.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy for Virgil's favorite things! I agree with nearly all of them, with perhaps the exception the Dragster. (The idea of all things being possible is quite a nice one, though.)

    It's going to be strange, reading Virgil-posts on Tuesdays. But I look forward to it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh...
    "the sound of thunder and pouring rain when I'm snuggled up in bed"
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh haha I thought it was like some complex original melody. rightttt.

    ReplyDelete