Friday, April 29, 2011

Anniversary, yo! Zomg I spelled that correctly!!! It /hasn't/ been a waste of a year!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, YOU GUYS <3 <3 <3 <3
YAY! We did it!
hooray!

A'ight. So what had happened was...
We were sitting at lunch, right? And we were bored because we were in middle school, and that's about all middle school seems ever to be for. Then the lights dimmed. Only a single brilliant beam of light shone down upon our dear Momo, who was suddenly struck with an idea. What about a collab blog? Kind of like the Five Awesome Girls of YouTube, except the Six Something Somethings of Some Blogging Site?
The six no-lifers were overjoyed at this concept. Writing? ZOMG FUN.
After much debate, they settled on House's idea for a name, the Six Little Curly Fries {capitalising "the" being optional}. Figuring internet anonymity would be a good thing, they chose nicknames quickly.
Magically, they each wanted different days. Hoorayyyy.
And so—after a little bit of site debate—this blog was borned.
After 365 days, the six had not made any major advances on getting actual lives, but the blog lived on. It now even has a couple of regular readers. They're still confused how that happened...
P.S. I still can't spell "anonymity," however. Nor can I pronounce it without rather embarrassing difficulty DX

Yayyy!

Today has been a pretty fun day. This week was spirit/theme week at our school, today being "retro day." I wore one of my aunt's old skirts and got lots of compliments, yay. Also, a lot of our teachers seemed in weirdly good moods... which is kind of worrying.

I got to finish off the afternoon with xiy, which can only be a good thing. usually.unless it's about 9HD.
We sat in the library and made edits to Virgil's beautiful story, which can be found somewhere to the right of this post. You all are very welcome. (Sorry for any silly mistakes... there was a rather irritating librarian behind xiy and I. She was bothering us to hurry up so she and the {less irritating} librarians could shut down and go home.) 

You're probably getting bored with my rambling, so I'll leave you soon. But first, a Dichotomous Key:

DICHOTOMOUS KEY: WHAT YOU SHOULD DO NOW

1. a. You are one of the 6LCF ... go to 2
    b. You are not one of the 6LCF ... go to 15
2. a. Your new posting day is Sunday ... go to 3
    b. Your new posting day is Monday ... go to 4
    c. Your new posting day is Tuesday ... go to 5
    d. Your new posting day is Wednesday ... go to 6
    e. Your new posting day is Thursday ... go to 7
    f. Your new posting day is Friday ... go to 8
    g. Your new posting day is Saturday ... go to 9
3. a. You are House ... finish writing Dichotomous Key and then go to 17
    b. You are not House ... go to 6
4. a. You like to whine about Crew ... go to 10
    b. You have never fully participated in Crew ... go to 6
5. a. You have written a fantabulous, shiny, new fanfic that can be found to the right of here ... go to 11
    b. You did not write "Are you cold, Potter? Then put some bloody clothes on." ... go to 6
6. a. ur doin it wrong. perhaps you iz confused... ... go back to 1
    b. ur doin it very wrong. perhaps you iz confused... ... go back to 1
7. a. We should be congregating at your house tomorrow for celebration!!!! ... go to 12
    b. You do not speak fluent German ... go to 6
8. a. You know what "chronic butterdidity"/"chronic butterdunidy" is ... go to 13
    b. You are not our honourable and most noble editor ... go to 6
9. a. You are quite good at dressing yourself in actual clothing ... go to 14
    b. You do not own multiple articles of clothing from Hollister or another store House recognises as an actual clothing store ... go to 6
10. a. You are Lynda ... go to 16
      b. You do not often mock House about her inability to eat oranges and how you need to assist her ... go to 6
11. a. You are Virgil ... go to 16
      b. You're not a brilliantly brilliant super amazing flute player ... go to 6
12. a. You are Momo ... go to 16
      b. You do not train squirrels ... go to 6
13. a. You are xiy ... go to 16
      b. You do not sit and listen as a certain someone mocks House about her inability to eat oranges, also if you did not teach me what a Dichotomous Key is ... go to 6
14. a. You are Carrie ... go to 16
      b. You are not deserving of making it into Wind Ensemble next music season ... go to 6
15. a. You have heard of Harry Potter ... go to 17
      b. You have not heard of Harry Potter but do have the ability to read English and/or use Google Translate ... go to 17
16. a. You have the ability to edit posts ... add to this post below and then go to 17
      b. You cannot edit posts on this site without computer hacking skills, which girls want ... go to 6
      c. You cannot edit posts on this site and also don't get that Napoleon Dynamite reference ... go watch it. you're welcome for the lowering of your IQ by ~3.14159265 points. then come back and go to 6 if you still remember what a number is.
17. a. Hooray! ... go read Virgil's story, which can be found to the right of here ->
      b. Huzzah! ... go read Virgil's story, which can be found to the right of here ->


P.S. if you've already read it, go read it again for (1) the edits and (2) the details. there will be a quiz very soon on the material.



Looks like you survived the Dichotomous Key! And I survived learning how to "Dichotomous Key!" Yay for too many vowels!

I now hand the post over to my fellow Curly Fries...
Goodbye, Friday! It has been so much fun :)
With all due respect,
House.

<3 Lynda:

<3 Virgil: I'm second!!! Woohoo!! That dichotomous key is amazing. I like #6. Haha. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO EVERYONE!!! I, unlike Momo, believed 100% that we would make it this far ^_^ because I'm an optimist. I'm excited to assume my new post as the Tuesday-poster (AHH IT'S PUN) and I'm SO PUMPED for our party at Momo's house. And Starship. OMG. And I might have another surprise (besides the fanfic, which you should all go read). I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! <3

<3 Momo: I'M FIRST!!!!!!!!! Gosh. I had to do that ^ thing twice before I got it right. You wanna know why? Because 11 does not equal 16. oops. my b. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I remember when we had our first monthiversary, I boldly declared that I didn't think we'd ever last this long but if we did, it would be SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!! So, yeah. Tomorrow, at our party, we will be enjoying more gifts, partying, STARSHIP!!!, food, and the awesomeness of each other. Yay! I am so pumped. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

<3 xiy: I'm. . .third! But! Third is a perfectly respectable position, especially when there are six total Curly Fries, which means that the third person is the halfway point. :D Anyway, ONE-YEAR=FANTABULOUSNESS. I am so very happy we made it this far. It's totally awesome. ♫ Tomorrow's going to be very fun, and I'm quite excited, and oh gosh just FLAILSQUEE. I LOVE THE 6LCF. Yayyyyyyyyyy! ^.^

<3 Carrie: *reminiscent sigh* It feels like only yesterday... sitting at lunch with the other 5. Oh, what wonderful memories!!! :D And tomorrow we gonna PAR-TAY!!! At Momo's house :D excitingexcitingexciting!!! this weekend is about to be AWESOME! anyway, I loooooove my fellow curly fries and all of their awesomeness. And just how flipping FANTASTIC this whole entire year has turned out to be :) I would have never expected it to last this far. (well, I totally did, but I want to say that I didn't so that my reflection has "depth". :P )


(Also: Here is pt. II of xiy's anniversary-themed drawings (pt. I being the banner up thar) :

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations ladies. I've enjoyed your first year and look forward to many more.

    House's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thank you!

    ReplyDelete