Monday, March 7, 2011

Recycling Tags, New Page, and When will we...?

 Part 1: Directed @ Curly Fries Only
On Friday in writing club, instead of writing, xiy, Virgil, Lynda and I were looking at this splendid blog. We noticed as we scrolled down how massively massive our cloud of tags has grown. One finds tags like bingo, duckling, Korea, mail man, religious tolerance, stink, and third grade. Frankly, there are far too many tags for an organized way to find specific posts. I, personally, have been recycling my tags* for quite some time now, seeing as the problem has grown wild. However, if we don't all communally stop using random tags, no one will ever be able to find specific posts. Ever. So if you, 6LCF, would all so kindly recycle your tags, I think everyone would be happier. Also, I think I may delete some of the more obscure tags, if possible. Okay. Is that okay with everyone?

Part 2: New Page
Last week, House ever so kindly set up a new page. On it, we are all supposed to choose 1-3 of our favorite posts and display it for the world to see. This will make any especially memorable days stand out and allow for newcomers to think we have supermega posts every day (which we all know doesn't always happen). If any readers have personal favorites that they would like to suggest, please do so. 
.
Part 3: Will we ever/when will we...?
  • do other parts of our bucket list?
  • finish the bucket list?
  • think about book club?
  • do book club??
  • plan our anniversary celebration?
  • change days/colors?
  • be done with school already?!
  • celebrate House and EZ's wedding if the world ends in 2012?!?
  • plan Virgil's wedding?
  • go to Mars?
Oh. Sorry. Got a little carried away.
 Chickens don't really have fingers.
Anyway, happy Monday, everybody!!!
~μομο EDIT: μώμω
* Recycling tags, by the way, is just using old tags instead of creating new ones.

9 comments:

  1. I agree. I've been trying to reuse regular tags too. And some of the tags (e.g., "ADD") just aren't necessary.

    -dunno about book club (I was all for it, but it seemed like you guys didn't want to so it the whole book-club thing sort of failed)

    -we're going to switch days on the day of the one-year anniversary, aren't we? switching colours might make it too confusing, so we should probably stick to just one or the other

    -lol, house and ez's wedding.

    -virgil+poofy forever! ♥

    -mars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. -recycling tags = good idea
    -bucket list = yes
    -book club = no time. Summer?
    -switch days on anniversary
    -house + ez 4 eva
    -um....
    -mars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything's blue... I still vote for a page containing all your previous banners so that newcomers who read posts pertaining to the old banners can understand what's going on. ^_^ also since xiy appears to be quite the artist, we should all admire her work.

    That's my only suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and also, I think you should spell it μωμω (μώμω). Although I do realize that that's less obvious to people who aren't crazy enough to get up and study Greek ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with thaichicken re: omega vs. omicron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. True dat. Because omicrons are lame. Also, for those who don't know Greek, μώμω looks more legit. You ACCENTED it?!?! I gave up on that a while ago...Also, Ms. Chicken, I like the idea of all of the banners together (anniversary?). Maybe no birthday banners, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh. Just kidding. I just saw the banner page. I thought we were going to make a giant banner out of mini banners, but I like the page better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay banner page! And, μώμω, yes, I've had to learn accents, so I decided to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We should totally make a giant banner out of mini banners though.

    That would be epic.

    ReplyDelete