Tuesday, March 8, 2011

adventures in fencing

Just a note before I officially start this post:

So I see someone changed the header-thing to what I drew last week; I changed it back because I think it's more practical to have the full name of our blog on the title instead of just "6LCF" and also because I like the one with the six of us in a row better because I think it looks better as a banner.

If you guys think we should change or something, I guess we could. Vote in the comments, maybe?

--

Anyway. 


Today, Momo and I went fencing. Some of the other fencing chillunz were acting odder than usual today; here is my quickly-doodled artist's interpretation of them, with explanations below.
aka "HEY GAIZ UR DOIN IT WRONG"
Exhibit A: The Push-Up. For some reason, people were doing push-ups today, and the way they were doing them varied between sticking their posteriors high up in the air while attempting to do the push-up, sagging a ridiculous amount in the stomach area (it's sort of difficult to tell, but that's what the second guy in green is demonstrating) or just slacking off entirely (okay, maybe not, but I wanted to draw a happy sleeping person).


Exhibit B: The Lazy Kid Who was Forced to do Jackknives. While we were supposed to be doing jackknives (like sit-ups, but harder), one kid was just lying there, being all "ohoho I'm so clever look at me not doing what I'm supposed to." Then, later on, he was mobbed by a bunch of other fencing chillunz, and they were trying to make him do said exercises by pulling him around by the legs and arms and yelling.


Exhibit C: Failure Butt-kicks. There's a reason they're called "butt-kicks," people. You're supposed to make your heels come in contact with your posterior during each jump. Just bending your knees slightly while jumping maybe three inches off the ground is not acceptable. Many of the fencing chillunz seem to have missed out on this rule, and were blatantly disobeying it.


Oh, and as if this weren't odd enough, two kids were making nooses out of jump ropes during warm-up time. It was very odd.


--


The National Greek Exam is tomorrow, which means I get to bring lunch. Yay.

Also, I hate gym class. Fitness is not fun. D:


--


And now I think I should go, as I've some English (and possibly physics chemistry as well, though I might procrastinate some more on that) to do. Goodbye~. 

xiy





4 comments:

  1. Haha. I just got on and went to look at the posts to see if you had started and I was reading this while you wrote the last bit. SO FUNNY!!!! I love the "'ohoho I'm so clever look at me not doing what I'm supposed to.'" Those chillunz. So crazy. You forgot to mention the jump roping skillz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur athletic crew-girl who laughs at the attempts of fencers who think they're sportyMarch 8, 2011 at 9:47 PM

    hahahahahah...."i'm doin' butt kicks, i'm doin' butt kicks! lookit gooooooo!" hahahahahaha...that was funny. I imagined House's whiny voice while reading that. :)

    *snicker* fencing is so not a real sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha try a try-out for soccer. "fitness."March 9, 2011 at 4:10 AM

    lulz. fencing is so a sport, but how you're doing it really really doesn't count :P

    Also, xiy, your pictures never fail to make my day better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. xiy, I agree with you that the "caterpillar-people" (it was referred to as that once) makes a better banner. Also I just really super like the text on it, too.

    Also, fencing is totally a real sport, but the coach only sometimes gets on people's cases to actually, ya know, do stuff.

    ReplyDelete