Saturday, March 5, 2011

ALL THE THINGS

This is one of those weekends when it seems like I have do ALL THE THINGS. 

There was a flute festival thing today, which was fun. House, Carrie, and I were all there. House's parents very kindly gave me a ride home, and my sister came back from college for spring break! Yay! 

Tomorrow is going to be so hectic. I don't want to think about it....  

Here's a cover that I made for the book I'm working on:


















I got the original photo from the internet, but all the effects are a la moi. (That's why it's not that good.) Speaking of writing, I just decided that I want to make the entire book in present tense, because writing in first person past tense is weird and I end up using the word "had" way to much, so having everything in present would be easier. Also, if your life is flashing before your eyes, then you might experience in the present tense, I think. Uh oh, now I've given away too much. 

Um, I'm reading the Hunger Games trilogy right now and it's SO AMAZING OMG. I just finished Catching Fire yesterday (after spending like a day reading it...) and the ending was just SO INTENSE so I don't care what people say about Mockingjay, I'm going to read it anyway because Suzanne Collins has turned me into a READING ZOMBIE. 


I'm about to go out to dinner, so that's all the time I have, folks. Come again soon!


Love,
Virgil

3 comments:

  1. So pretty~

    I really liked the first book, but Mockingjay was just sort of meh. But it's nice that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Present? Cool. Don't go pulling a John Green on us, kay? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why there's an awkward space over the picture but I can't get rid of it...

    ReplyDelete