Saturday, February 12, 2011

CONVENTION IS IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS ZOMG

I'm so excited! Latin Convention is quickly approaching, and I can't wait. It's so great that we have something to look forward to in February, which is, overall, a terrible month.

A list of reasons why I don't like February:
10. So much homework. Teachers feel obligated to make second semester harder than first semester, because that way it seems like we're making progress.
9. It' so cold. The temperature this time of year makes me want to curl up in my bed and refuse to get up until April.
8. The cold makes me fat because I eat chocolate when I'm cold.
7. Ice. It's not fun. It's cold (see #9 and #8) and it's slippery and therefore is the source of many bruises on Virgil's poor posterior. Ice = bad.
6. Snow. It's nice in December when it's all white and fluffy, but now that it's been sitting there for a couple months it's all brown and gross and gets all over everything. 
5. There's so much pink everywhere because of Valentine's Day. I don't mind Valentine's Day, but I HATE PINK.
4. The sun hardly ever comes out in February. The sun came out today, and it was probably the first time all month. That is sad. Which leads to #3:
3. The lack of sunshine and blue sky makes people depressed, like legit - clinical depression gets worse, which leads to #2:
2. More people commit suicide. Suicide = not good. It is very sad.
1. Did I already mention the COLD?

So yeah, now I'm done complaining.

Here are some things that I like about February:
4. Valentine's Day = <3
3. Sledding! (I haven't been sledding in ages, but it makes chilluns happy, and happy chilluns = good)
2. People who keep their Christmas lights up make me happy.
1. LATIN CONVENTION YAYY!!!!

So that's a 5:2 ratio of things that I don't like about February : things that I do like.
For most months, that ratio is more like 1:3, which is a much happier ratio.
Therefore, I have mathematically proved that February = bad. Even the Romans thought so! They named it after the word for fever, and fever is bad.

Now I'm going to talk about parody week, which shall be next week. 6LCF - you have all received the email which assigned you your Curly Fry whom you shall parody. Here is your assignment:
1. On your assigned person's day, you shall post. (The person who has Momo will post on Monday, etc.)
2. Post in that person's color.
3. Write it like a stereotypical post of said person - make fun of her, but DON'T BE MEAN. >:(
4. People can guess who wrote said post, but we will NOT be revealing who is who until the end of the week, or else it'll be no fun for the people at the end of the week.

Um, that's about it. Anyone else have rules they feel should be added? Leave them in the comments and I'll edit them in.

I think tomorrow (Sunday) we're doing a joint group-post for Valentine's Day, even though the holiday is actually Monday - unless the person who is Momo has an idea for a Valentine's Day post. If you are that person, please comment anonymously and let us know that you want to do the Valentine's Day post.

In other news - I'm starting a new novel called The Second Star to the Right, and xiy and/or House and/or anyone else who wants to (besides my immediate family, who are not allowed to read anything I write) are invited to be my Official Editors.

This is a long post. I hope it didn't take too much effort for you to read it. Kudos if you stuck with me 'til* the end!

Happy Valentine's Day in advance!
Virgil

*I hate it when people say "till" when they mean "until" because it sounds like they're saying, "Xanthias, till the soil, for the field is small but the work is large" so I always say 'til.

8 comments:

  1. one of Virgil's Official Editors (lol)February 12, 2011 at 8:33 PM

    Heh, Xanthias never gets to the point where he can till anything, because he's always sleeping under the nearest tree.

    I shall be making the reveal post, yes? As I am dictator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madame Dictator -

    Um, would you be doing the reveal post next Sunday (as in a week from tomorrow)?

    ~Virgil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I will, unless you've another idea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I was just clarifying :) that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The editor that is the less Asian of the twoFebruary 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM

    It's warm in Australia, though. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind doing a Valentine's Day post on my parody day. But it's fine if you guys want to do it today.
    Momo's Parody Person

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll edit if you want ^_^ I like editing. No promises on speed, though >_<

    Also, with you all the way on 'til vs. till. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @thaichicken -

    Yay! That would be great! It's not really written yet... but when it is, I'll definitely contact you and you can be the Elder Official Editor :)

    ReplyDelete