Thursday, February 24, 2011

CONVE--Wait...I take French!

My darlin' readers!
---------------------------------------------------------
Just a little sidenote here. Please note the commemorative cursor that is the shape of Justin Bieber with his flippy hair. I have made that our temporary cursor to commemorate the loss of his hair, and 80,000 of his Twitter fans that unfollowed him after he cut his hair...
---------------------------------------------------------
LATIN-CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!!

As many of you may know, Latin convention is tomorrow, and the Latin Curly Fries are going mentally insane... For example, my conversation with Momo today:
Lynda: Whatcha doin'? *huffs and puffs her way through 5 laps for crew*
Momo: Washing paintbrushes because o-mi-gosh-spirit-for-Latin-cuz-CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!! *squeals* (imagine a high-pitched, super fast, all in one breath reading of the words "CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!!")

Lynda: Erm...ok, why're you running with me then?
Momo: I dunno....but z-o-m-g-CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!!
Lynda: Ahhh....
Yup. And then she goes off to wash more brushes, because CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!!


Anyways, I had something planned out for this post, but...whatevs. Special circumstances and all, y'know?


Today in Orchestra, we had a lovely field trip to a library so that we could see/hear/be awed by this Haitian hip-hop violinist. He was supremely cool. I liked it. Then at the end, our awesome director, Ms. D (who is AWESOME!) went up and played a duet with him. Well, not voluntarily, one of the students set her up. They played "Amazing Grace", and it was just so...pure. So heartfelt and beautiful and absolutely gorgeous, the notes rang and you could feel the music, not just hear it because it was just so glorious...I could just go on about it, but really, it was just...amazing. Have you ever heard something and it was like that? I hope you do one day, because it was unbelievable, and it made my day...that and missing science class!


Speaking of which, I saw our lovely science teacher after crew practice today, and she talked to me. It was kinda weird, talking to her outside of class...I dunno, but I think that she's quite a nice person. She's just lacking in the teaching part. Oh well. Her car isn't as cool as she makes it out to be. It's actually drab and ick. Just sayin'.


Anyways, I went to Chicago this past weekend to get a shenzhen visa to go to Europe (for our orchestra tour), and I observed many things. I shall share the important ones with you.


1. Car rides were made to lull you to sleep. I swear I got into the car, and three seconds later, I was out!
2. Hotels are fun to compare with each other. I know they all seem the same, but there are the differences, and they're extremely fun to find...like the little complimentary shampoo bottles!
3. Complimentary breakfast is awesome. We always get hotels that offer them. The quaint counter with all this free food...so awesome.
4. Asians are frickin' geniuses. I'm not even being biased about this. We were at the French Consulate General, and these two Asians were getting visas also. One of them gets up and starts speaking FLUENT FRENCH to the lady behind the glass, and then after about 10 minutes, he says something in ELOQUENT ENGLISH, and then he sits down and starts talking to the other dude in COGENT CHINESE!!!! The dude was TRI-LINGUAL!!! Like, fluent in 3 languages!!! Jeez...and to top it off, the other Asian dude was doing math, and the math was like rocket science. I'm not even kidding. There were all these squigglies, and lines, and tons of numbers, letters, greek letters, etc. I felt incredibly stupid.
5. Chinatown is yummy. We ate there. 老四川 was the name of the restaurant, and it was soooooooooo SPICY!!!!
6. If China's people were as slow as Chicago's Shedd Aquarium ticket people, then they would be perpetually late...by years. You'd think you'd be faster at taking money and giving people a ticket. The line was curved completely around the whole Aquarium (and it's not a small thing. It's HUGE), and we got there early-ish! It took my dad 4 hours to get just inside the building!
7. Leaving a hotel room makes you paranoid about forgetting things. I checked every nook and cranny about 10 times, but I was still worried I forgot something.
8. Service plazas in Indiana (or the one we went to) are DISGUSTING. The toilets were brown! BROWN!!! We thought it was messed up pee, but turns out that the water was brown. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! It stank so badly...
9. Groping is not meant for service plazas. If you still have so much sexual energy, and you feel the need to pinch and then smack the ass of your significant other in front of 2 toddlers and a teenager....please please please stay in bed. Do not grope each other outside of your house/car >.<
10. Home is where the heart is. Yup. I still like my own bed better, my own bathroom MUCH better, and in general, my home better.
So...I should probably get to work on that outline that's due tomorrow...hehehe.

But first, 3 questions for all of you. Please answer in the comments.
1. What's tommorrow?
2. The day after that?
3. And the day after that?
*plugs ears to prevent hearing loss from the screams of CONVENTION-IS-TOMORROW!!!*

G'night!
Lynda
P.S. We still have Greek tomorrow...*sigh*
P.P.S. omg...I forgot about Science Olympiad Regionals! They're on Saturday. We gonna diiiieeeeee....*shrugs* I don't care that much, as long as I win personal medals! :)

3 comments:

  1. Very nice post, Lynda!!!! CONVENTION IS TO---I think I've said it enough....

    ReplyDelete
  2. QWDKJASHFDASNMFHKSJA SNOW DAYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYYY!!! SNOW DAY!!!! ZOMG!!! And hey, y'all are still going to convention! :D Though our crew ergatta's cancelled...not that I was going anyways, not that I'd be unhappy if I was going and it was cancelled. :)

    ReplyDelete