Tuesday, December 7, 2010

So It's a New Theme Week, Yes?

Hiiiiiiii.

It's theme week, but I would first like to bring up another completely unrelated topic.
TODAY IS THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF HOUSE AND EZ!
If you don't know, EZ is House's boyfriend, and they have been going out now for a year, hence the 'one-year anniversary' thing. I'm no judge of these sorts of things, but apparently they are incredibly cute together.
Here is a hurriedly-done planner-drawing that I drew in honor of the occasion:
[taken from my webcam, so it's a bit fuzzy; sorry]


Happy anniversary, guys. ♥

--
Now for the theme week goodness. 
I couldn't find my third-grade journal (it's somewhere in the house, and I know it's somewhere in the house because I read it over the summer, but now I can't find it), so today I shall be presenting my fourth-grade language arts notebook. It's not quite the same thing, but I hope you enjoy.


Notes: Okay, so I was really trying to be funny when I wrote this. I barely remember the actual writing process itself, but I do remember drawing a very nice accompaniment picture (I was particularly proud of my depiction of the clown's neck-ruff, I believe).
Here it is:

The Circus* Clowns
        One day, Bert the Clown was trying to sell a car for a million dollars and nintey-nine cents. The care was VERY beat up. There was almost no** paint on it. Still, Bert thought that $1,000,000.99 was a good price for a beat-up car.
        His friend, Rubber, was trying to convince him to lower the price. Bert wouldn't listen. Rubber was getting pretty exasperated by this time, and he said, "Why don't you just listen to me for once? Can't you even lower the price to a million dollars and fifty cents?!?" Bert didn't want to upset his friend, so he lowered the price to $1,000,000.50.
        A clown called Mr. Waldon was walking by. Bert jumped up and said to Mr. Waldon, "How would you like to own a car for only a million dollars and 50 cents*** plus tax? It's a really good deal for a really good price!." Rubber slapped his forehead. "You didn't tell me there was tax! Isn't $1,000,000.50 enough?!? You still want tax?!?!?" he shouted. Bert said innocently, "Of course I do. It's only $100 more. Anyway, I'll get so many customers, you're be jealous!" By this time, Mr. Waldon had left, disgusted by the price plus tax (in case you're bad at math, the total price was 1,000,100.50. Who'd buy a beat-up car for such a price?). By the end of the day, Bert hadn't made a single cent. Feeling embarassed, he apologized to Rubber.
THE END

*I'm unsure as to why 'Circus' is crossed out; I guess it's because this story has nothing to do with circuses.

**Originally double-underlined (I must have felt that the car's lack of paint was something that needed extra emphasis).

***Originally '50 [insert cents symbol here],' but I was too lazy to find the correct Alt+number combination to produce one.

Besides the two changes noted in ** and ***, the story has otherwise been left alone in terms of grammar, spelling, and formatting.
I can't believe that my fourth-grade mind thought that his was funny and worth writing about. Sigh.
**NOTES FOR THE CURLY FRIES:
a) the tags for this week are 'when we were young' and 'theme week.' Don't forget the tags! (Momo, I already tagged your post accordingly.)

b) Could we possibly extend this theme week to two weeks? I've got a lot of stuff I want to share, but I don't want to post a giant monster post. If not, that's also fine. :)


 

4 comments:

  1. I'm ok with 2 weeks. ha. it's funny cuz the tax in reality wouldve been WAY more than $100 :)
    I don't think I realy understood taxes that much in 4th grade. I certainly never wrote about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had good grammar and you knew big words like exasperated--I'm impressed! :) And that was totally funny. I hate it when that happens to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even as a nine-year-old, you were using the word "exasperated." Hehe :)
    2 weeks is fine with me :D I was an angsty kid, so I have plenty of material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? We get our own 'house+ez=<3' tag? :P
    ^if you sound that out btw, it rhymes ^_^

    ReplyDelete