Tuesday, December 14, 2010

IT'S ANOTHER SNOW DAY WOOT

It's so odd. Our school district has a reputation of never giving snow days, and then suddenly they drop two in a row on us. And right now, it's not even that bad out. It's cold, yeah, and still a bit windy, but nothing like yesterday. Not that I'm complaining, of course. ^.^

As you probably have realized by now, the Winter Special kind of failed yesterday. Everybody either couldn't or wouldn't leave the house, so we never ended up doing anything. (I was one of the 'couldn't' variety; I had to babysit my little sister while my mom was at work.) Our last chance for a Winter Special is going to be next Saturday; hopefully, we can all come?

So I've been watching the 1999 cartoon version of Journey to the West on YouTube recently (I've never seen all of the episodes before, so I'm working my way through them in chronological order; it's really fun), after not having seen them for a year and a half (the last time being at Science Olympiad, when Lynda kindly brought in a two-episode disc for us to see) and to honor such an event, I've made quite a few icons (screenshots=♥).
Here's a few I particularly enjoyed making:





haha, sorry about the language in this one? :P

Greek finals are tomorrow; we missed a review day yesterday. ARGH. I think I might truly die tomorrow morning. 


I don't really know what else to say. Um. Snow days are sort of boring, really, though it certainly beats weight training and physics.
--
A Note for the Curly Fries: Hey, guys, when are we going to start book club? Our book of choice was the D'Aulaires' one, wasn't it? Weren't we going to start after NaNo? Is book club another one of those ideas that'll never see the light? Enlighten me, please, as to our current situation.


xiy

2 comments:

  1. Well, I updated the book club page about a thousand years ago. The roads are still really bad; that's why there's no school. I hope they reschedule the Greek final. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I still want to do the book club!!

    ReplyDelete