Saturday, December 11, 2010

Happy 9th Birthday, Virgil!!

I was a very strange eight-year-old, but I think that I got even stranger when I turned nine. Here is my diary entry for my ninth birthday.

Happy Bday to Me!
Thursday, June 30, 2005 <3 <3 <3 

Dear Bonnie the Bunny, (that's what I named my journal don't judge!!)
I an nine years old! I can't believe it! Well, all of the news is good. The party was fun, for guests. For me it was horrible. (Cue the preteen angst) When we went in the pool, nobody would let me play with them. The cake was delicious... not! Well, at least I got really good presents. [insert crush's name here] got me a dolphin mobile! I counted, and I have fifty-five dollars worth of certificates, checks, and gift cards!


Sincerely,
Dolphin Girl (Yes, that is how I signed off every journal entry. Stop judging.) 


P.S. I'm going to New Jersey tomorrow!! 


Most of the entries are basically like this. I titled every one of them (titles like "Off to the Library!" and "Lemonade Stand!"
 Not only did I whine about my day, but I also planned future novels. Here is an outline for a future bestseller called "Puppy Love."

Puppy Love

Summary
A family decides to adopt a puppy. Puppy grows up. Dog gets fats, too slow. Dog sadly gets run over by a car. Little girl saves the puppies that were in the middle of being delivered when the car hit. 


I'm not sure why a pregnant dog in the middle of labor would be in the street, but yeah, that's the story. 

This is the entry that I wrote after I first started reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It's a few days after the release date because we had only ordered one copy so I had to let my older sister read it first. (When the seventh one came on, we ordered two copies so I wouldn't have to go through that kind of torture again.)

Disaster
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 <3 <3 <3
Dear Bonnie the Bunny,

Today was  filled with disaster. Not a big disaster, just lots of little ones. Like the power going on and off, the air conditioning not working, things like that. Well, Carol finished Harry Potter, so I started reading it. I also finished my needlepoint. I have already started to work on the one that I got yesterday, it has a really cute baby leopard on it.

Sincerely,
Dolphin Girl (Stop judging!!! Stop!!!)

Okay, I'll stop embarrassing myself now. Bye. 

Peace,
Virgil 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not judging! Really, I'm not!

    Like, I know Anne Frank named her diary "Kitty." So "Bonnie the Bunny" really isn't /that/ unusual.

    Awww, poor little nine-year-old Virgil. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cuuuute!!! Aww! You're cute. I never named my diaries, so you really aren't that lame. I stopped judging, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie the Bunny? Sorry...I'll stop judging now...(really?)
    Ha. YOu were soooooo cutttteee(dolphin girl? Obsessive much?)!!! awww...poor little Virgil....A dolphin mobile? Like, a cellphone? A toy one? Ack at least your crush gave you somethin'...mine ran screaming out the ream in 1st grade upon me saying, "I. Like. You." *shudder* Awwwwwwwww..who was your crush?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no it was a mobile like one of those things that you hang up and it spins. mob-EEl

    ReplyDelete