Friday, December 31, 2010

2011... that sounds awk

It's the last day of 2010. Holla, yo.

Yes, my fellow Curly Fries. I am pleased to tell you that we have, in fact, survived another year. Kissed our old school goodbye for a terrifyingly new one chock-full of intimidating/inspiring/OHMYGOSH upperclassmen and teachers. Our ears were massacred by the magical vuvuzelas. The mythbusters kept on busting, feeding us information science majors/minors never seem to be able to. T-Swift's new album came out (ba da ba ba baaa, I'm lovin' it). And holy snood what the heck Sarah Palin's got her own TV show. Whatever.

Well, I spent a large amount of my last day of 2010 in the fetal position with a stupidstupidstupid body that gave me a tummy ache equivalent to the feeling of chugging a glass of hydrogen peroxide on a dare. (Ain't pretty >.<) But I hope you all celebrated accordingly :)

So... yeah. Nihao, 2011. Wassup.

And you all ready to get back to school and still be writing the wrong year in the little space where it says 'date: __/__/__'? I totally am.

Even though I've got to get back to the festivities (i.e. a family friend's legendary snickerdoodles.... ahhhhhh <3), I've got two questions to quickly ask you girls:
1) Any goals/plans/resolutions/oaths to be sworn/promises for the new year?
2) How the frick are y'all gonna pronounce it, 'twenty-eleven' or 'two thousand and eleven?' Because I personally think both sound tremendously awk.

With all due respect,
House.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Uhm... no. I don't really like the whole "new years resolution" thing, because I like to live life with the assumption that every day is a clean slate, even if that's not really the case. But I guess in the spirit of the New Year, I'll say that I plan to 1)eat healthier and 2) exercise more, and hopefully 3) actually wear my rubber bands so that I can 4) get these frickin' braces off this year.
    2. Twenty-eleven.... two thousand and eleven... ah, bleep it, I'll just avoid saying the year. There ya go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Nah. Anyway, why bother only making resolutions the first day of the year, when you've no idea how it's going to turn out?

    2) Even /writing/ "2011" is awkward. It's not symmetrical like "2010." But I'll probably say "two thousand eleven" if/when I have to.

    One year and twelve months until the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Er...sure...but that's the entire content of my next post :)

    2. idk...I like the look of it(unlike xiy) 2011...so pretty. But, I guess I'll just say MMXI! It sounds pretty cool...MMXI!

    ReplyDelete