Tuesday, November 23, 2010

D'you Know?

Today's post is going to be, in part, written in "d'you know?" form. Blame it on my complete lack of any other better things to say.


D'you know which is one of the best books in the whole world?
The Princess Bride.
♥♥♥♥

D'you know the phases of the moon?
New moon, waxing crescent, first quarter, waxing gibbous, full moon, waning gibbous, third quarter, waning crescent. And then the same thing all over again.


D'you know when the third Chronicles of Narnia movie (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) comes out?
December 10, 2010.


D'you know that swearing helps with one's pain tolerance?
It really does. 


D'you know that all the science teachers at the school of the 6LCF are completely useless?
They really are.

D'you know what's scarier than a scary eleven-year-old? 
A scary fencing eleven-year-old.
D'you know what's scarier than a scary fencing eleven-year-old?
A scary fencing eleven-year-old with a saber.
(And the only thing scarier than a scary fencing eleven-year-old with a saber is, according to Virgil, Lord Voldemort with the Elder Wand. I, however, disagree, as Voldy never got the Elder Wand to work to its full potential; he wasn't its true owner. Ergo, Voldy isn't as scary as he could have been, though he is already quite scary enough.)

And that ends the "d'you know?" portion of this post. 
--
There's no more school for the next five days! Two of those days are, admittedly, the weekend and therefore default days off, but they still count. "Five-day weekend" sounds so much better than "three weekdays off and then two days that comprise the weekend and so they technically count as break but they're days off no matter what and so they really shouldn't be counted as a school holiday." 
I love Thanksgiving. There's just so much lovely stuff going on around then. Two-day school weeks, lots of food (turkey especially), and so on.

 In fact, I believe that I *might* be getting a laptop this Friday, if we can find any cheap enough and nice enough during the whole Black Friday sale thing.

And I was going to write something else, but then I completely forgot what I was going to write about. Darn you, random short-term memory loss!

Ugh. I can't remember.


So I guess that's it for today.


P.S. I remembered what I was going to write about.
The Six Little Curly Fries have an official unicorn, you see (he shall make an appearance on Momo's birthday banner), and his name is Hector.

3 comments:

  1. Hector the Unicorn should definitely have a theme song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this yesterday and I almost was gonna freak out and punish you. Then I checked today and your post appeared! MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Virgil: I agree. You should write one, as you're the songwriting expert in our little group.

    ReplyDelete