Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer Reading on a Lazy Friday Day (Fridayday? lol what?)

"You could paint your history over any way you like, but you'd always see those first few brushstrokes."
—Jodi Picoult's Handle with Care

Hello. Again. [And again and again...]

Well... what's been up with me lately? Hm... let's see. I'm back at my summer house, though I won't be here tomorrow. Right now, I'm watching NCIS, but I haven't been paying attention to the plot, so I don't really get what's up. The chick with the black pony tails and bangs and gothic kinda look is talking.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Our school has required us to read at least one of two books this summer, one of them being My Sister's Keeper (by Jodi Picoult), which is the one I read. I really liked it, so I went to the library to get out another one of hers, Handle with Care. The only things I didn't like were (1) I didn't find the voices of each character to be that diverse, (2) The ending wasn't called for, and (3) It was pretty much the exact same story as My Sister's Keeper, except with different words and names and diseases. But I really like her writing style and stuff personally ^_^

Anyway.
I've been reading a lot, which has got me thinking about that book club thing we thought of starting forever ago... remember that, yeah? :)

It's nice here. The weather's let up nicely, so I can sit on the beach and read my books.

1) Book club. Are we doing this, or what? School's starting soon. We might not have time then, what with homework and stuff. You know.
2) Lynda's punishment. I think we're waiting until she's back to decide, but what's up...? (Apparently, Virgil's got some ideas...)
3) No, really. How's your summer going? ^_^
4) Bleh, we're going back to school so soon... [Statement as a question, yeah. Chill.]

With all due respect,
House

3 comments:

  1. First of all, I would like to indicate the time this was written at. 11:07 PM!!!!! Why did you wait so long to write?! I also read a lot of Jodi Picoult books (half a bookshelf in my room is dedicated to her)and I agree that they all are quite similar. There is always a policeman/ firefighter/ public service person and a trial. Well, not always...but close.
    1. I don't know.
    2. [See above]
    3. Swell.
    4. HOW DARE YOU UTTER THOSE WORDS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I totally agree that the ending of Handle With Care was uncalled for. It ended quite nicely where it did, and then in the epilogue (was it the epilogue?) she (the author, I mean) had to ruin it completely. :|
    Anyway,
    1) [oh, we're still doing questions?] Yes, we are. But we're all still summer-lazy, and so nobody's bothered to take the initiative. Let's just say: BY NEXT WEEK, WE MUST PICK A BOOK.

    2) Well, you can't say I tried. I even stickied the post. But nobody's really commented.
    However, I did say that if there are no more ideas by, say, the week of August 16, we are going with the 5,000-word-post punishment.
    So, Virgil, hurry up and let us know.

    3) Nicely, thank you. ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY OHMYGOODNESS.

    4) GAH. But I haven't gotten my schedule/supplies list yet, so I'm still counting this as summer. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. *cough* I meant to say, "You can't say I DIDN'T try." Argh. Fail. -.-;;

    ReplyDelete