Saturday, August 7, 2010

G'Day, Wee Lads an' Lassies!

Okay, I know I utterly fail at the whole Scottish accent thing, but my mum's quite good at it.

I'M BAAAACCKKK!!! 

Geez, don't get too excited. I had loads of family fun in Scotland and England. We watched a lot of "Friends." It rained a lot, but that's expected. I drank an average of six cups of tea per day, which was expected as well, and I think I gained at least five pounds. I gained about 35 pounds if you include the pounds I got for my birthday from various relatives, and if you work in the currency exchange, that's nearly 70 dollars. I'm rich!!! I'm home earlier than I was going to be, because our flight from Manchester wasn't delayed (we were expecting it to be delayed, because... well, because that just always happens) so we caught the earlier connection home and here I am!! Our luggage didn't catch the earlier flight, but oh well. 

I was going to be writing the 100th post today, but since a certain LYNDA forgot (yes, I heard about that, you naughty girl) I suppose this is the 99th post. But this is the very last double-digit post EVER,  so I suppose that's cause for celebration, too. Yippee!!! 

Whoa, dude. Being jet-lagged is like being on a boat. >.< I traveled through time today! When people from Star Trek, Harry Potter, etc. go time traveling, do they get jet-lag? Ooh, speaking of which, I read The Time Traveler's Wife last week and it was really good. I already knew the ending because I had seen the movie, but the book was definitely better, as always. 

I think I'm just going to reply to everyone else's posts here, and that way you won't have to scroll all the way down and click on the thingy to read them. Yes, I know my friends well. You guys are lazy. 

Friday, August 6 - House: the "chick with the black pony tails and bangs and gothic kinda look" is Abby, and she's my hero!! I haven't started our summer reading yet. 1) Yes! We should totally do it. We just have to pick a book. 2) She must let us read her NaNoWriMo novel!! 3) It's been such a wonderful summer :) I haven't had any free time, but that means I don't get bored. Tennis team practices start the day after tomorrow, so summer holiday is kind of over for me. D: 4) Well, what am I suppose to say to that?!


Wednesday, August 4 - Carrie: Shadow of the Colossus sounds very... interesting. :)


Tuesday, August 3 - xiy: I can sympathise. It rained all the time while we were in England. Firefox isn't letting me go to your linky-dinky-portal of magical blogity-goodness. Just FYI. 


Monday, August 2 - Momo: Crack-climbing sounds like something extremely dangerous that I definitely would not do. I went on a high-ropes course while I was across the pond, but it was uber-safe even though we were really high up. I always though you were the type of person to jump off a bridge. 


Well, there's one week's worth. My head feels funny from the jet-lag, so I think I should stop staring at this computer screen. I have a couple questions, but they're only for specific people.


House: did you get the chapters 1 & 2? I may have forgotten to attach them, so just let me know... yeah.
xiy: What do you want for your birthday?
Momo: Will you be back in time for marching band?


Additional note: the other day, I got a very exciting email, but I'm not going to tell you what it was about!! HAHA!! *dances around* You'll probably find out in late-ish October, I think. I'm not revealing any more information until then.  


DFTBA,
PDBAZ,
Peace, Love, & Otters,


Virgil

3 comments:

  1. @Virgil: Haha, I was being stupid and included a comma in the URL> >.<
    It should be fixed now; click the link in my name (please? It's depressing, really, to see "O visitors" for days on end).
    Erm, I have no idea what I want for my birthday.
    This is the description I gave to Momo, though:
    (The present obviously doesn't have to fit all the standards; they're just guidelines, really.)
    Something made for children over eight; something not too pink and/or sparkly; something with a kitty on it; something soft (stuffed-animal soft, y'know); something electronic; something colorful (but not excessively pink/purple/neon); hopefully not clothing, but I don't think I'd mind terribly.
    >.< I'm not good at this what-I-want-for-birthdays thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virgil!!! Why do you dangle secrets like these in my face? Grr. I am back (just saying) and I think we all need to play flashlight tag soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the additional note:
    DEAR VIRGIL,
    YOU ARE A BUTT.
    KISSES.
    HOUSE

    p.s. I didn't get the chap. 1 and 2; I have the revised prologue, though, I think. Do you want me to go through it again?

    ReplyDelete