Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Basement Stinks

My basement stinks. Quite literally, in fact. (Oh, by the way, right now, as I'm typing this, it's 12:34 pm. Awesome.) Shall I tell you the story of the most terrible odors exuding from the bowels of my house?
I think I will.

The stink started on Saturday; I noticed it first. My parents, being rather oblivious, assured me that it was nothing. The next day, my mom went into the basement for an early shower (we have a shower down there), and apparently the stink had gotten worse. After her shower, she came upstairs and told my dad. 
My dad was completely and utterly sure that the smell was from the peaches we had picked on Saturday. Even when my mom told him that they smelled perfectly fine and nicely peachy, he still stubbornly insisted that "if you smell them from far away, they stink!"
Eventually, after a few minutes of intense searching, my mother found the source. It was from a carton of ancient eggs that were apparently forgotten and never opened. The smell was disgusting. The yolk had dripped all over the basement shelves and onto the floor, and it must've also made its way somehow onto my bike helmet, because now my helmet also stinks and I cannot wear it.
My parents totally owe me another helmet.
Right now, the smell's gotten a lot better, but one can still smell traces of rotten egg if one goes down into the basement.
Anyway, that's the story of the stinky basement. I hope you enjoyed it.

I've been planning my NaNoWriMo novel lately. I must be doing something right, because after giving my outline to Lynda to read over/critique, she fell in love with one of my characters. I really don't see how, since he--Caelan--is a bit of an angsty, antisocial hermit. Apparently, his name is wonderful.
I don't get it, and neither does Cael-in-my-head. See, the problem is that he. in fact, loves this other girl, who kind of eventually dies, and Cael is rather sensitive. Anyway.
Yay. I have fangirls.


School starts in two weeks. Fourteen days. GAAH.


My birthday is in four days. YAAY!


It's rather hot today. But it looks like it's going to rain, so that's quite good.


There's really not much else to say.
See you guys later, then.


~xiy

10 comments:

  1. Why do you have a shower in your basement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Cael. I know that you love me too, but you're a bit in denial. Don't rush it. I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.o can I be one of your fangirls? *gasps* we can make t-shirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Momo: I don't know why, but it's there. And it drains faster than the upstairs bathroom (like, the water actually goes down the drain reasonably quickly instead of taking years), so we use it for showers more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and, Virgil, of course you can be a fangirl make T-shirts. But I want one too (after all, I am the creator)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooooow, guys. @Virgil: How can you be a fangirl if you haven't read/ learned about the character?

    ReplyDelete
  7. he has a cool name :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That he does, but is that your *only* reason? I mean, you don't even know his personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooooooooooooooove his name too...I'd love his personality if I knew what it was, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahahahaha you have fangirls ^_^

    ReplyDelete