Saturday, August 28, 2010

GreekGreekGreekGreekGreekGreek!!! etc.

Greek class (that would be the classical, ancient, awesome Greek - not the kind that's actually spoken!) started yesterday and it MIGHT be my new favourite language, though possibly still second to Latin. We learned the whole first half of the alphabet, using those awesome dry-erase strips with a dotted line down the middle to help you form letters, like the ones we used in first grade. 

Alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa, lambda, mu, nu.

That's as far as we got :) aren't you impressed? All of the 6LCF are taking Greek, with the exception of House and Carrie, because they wish to sleep rather than go to school early and learn another dead language. 

Our marching band had our very first football game last night (House, I apologize It's kay. Whatevs. - I'm just reporting things that happened on your day, but the thing is, I just woke up) and the band totally rocked it, even though the football team lost. We had fun :) After the game, Poofy (he chose that codename) and I became "facebook official" so that everyone would have the weekend to simmer down and hopefully not harass us too much. I still fear Monday morning though >.< House is going to have her revenge on me ^_^

In other news, I made pancakes this morning, and I used Momo's mom's idea of adding some cinnamon and vanilla to the mix (she did that to waffles, so I figured it would have the same effect on pancakes) and they tasted delicious. The batter was delicious as well :)

DFTBA,
PDBAZ,
Peace, Love, and Otters,

Virgil

6 comments:

  1. It's not House's revenge you have to watch out for; it's your until-very-recently-wife Lynda's anger that you've got to fear.

    "Poofy"? *snerk*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do indeed like sleep. And Greek looks like a lot of fun... but I personally need my sleep. (no hating, promise (: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! Poofy? He isn't even all that poofy anymore! I am sure my mom will be happy to know that you used her idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhmmmm,... EX-WIFE HERE IS KINDA MAD!!!*takes deep breath* *exhale* *SCREAMING BEGINS* YOOHOOO??? AND NO ONE THOUGHT TO MENTION THAT I, LYNDA, THE /EX/-WIFEY WOULD BE KINDA PISSED OFF? (thank you xiy, for personally coming over and informing me.) *STRANGLES AIR* LITTLE VIRGIL DARLING, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN MY WRATH THAT SHALL SIMMER AND BOIL UNTIL MONDAY'S GREEK CLASS? WE SHALL SEE IF YOU FEEL ALL HAPPY ABOUT YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND THEN, SHAN'T WE?
    other than that, your band thing sounded fun. I'm still your friend, Virgil, but, I'm also kinda PISSED OFF ABOUT YOUR CHEATING WAYS-YOUR BLEIGHTON CHEATING WAYS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *heavily sedates Lynda* *all are happy*

    ReplyDelete