Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting Stuff Done!!!

In spite of the fact that I only got about two or three hours of sleep last night (see previous post) I am getting a lot of stuff done today! This hardly ever happens on Saturdays, especially in the summer. I'm very proud of myself, actually. I left Momo's house at  about 10:30 and got a back-to-school haircut. The lady who cut my hair also styled it in a cutesy-curly fashion , so even though my hair is naturally curly, it's especially curly today. Like, instead of being a random mess of frizz and curls, it's cute ringlets like Shirley Temple. So I came home, and my dad had made CHALLAH FRENCH TOAST which is basically the best thing in the world, and one of my favorite things about being half Jewish. My grandma has the best challah French toast recipe ever, and I don't care who disagrees with me. 

So after gaining about ten pounds, I went to Office Max with my dad for back-to-school shopping, which was really, really exciting. I just love the new pencils, shiny binders that haven't started falling apart yet, folders that gleam in the glow of florescent lights. *sigh* and I also got thing supermegafoxyawesomehot pack of various types of clips that come in all sorts of metallic colors, and it basically made my life. This is one of my favorite times of the year. (The grand total of all of my school supplies was nuts this year. It was over $150. O.o) 

Then I went to Famous Footwear (we stopped and Starbucks on the way :-] yum) and got two new pairs of tennis shoes - one pair that's actually for tennis (and gym) and one pair to keep at home for working out (which I totally do every day... bahahaha). Then I got home and discovered that yesterday, my older sister had gone shoe shopping and bought the exact same tennis shoes without my knowledge. Crazy stuff, man. 

Then I cleaned off the counter in my room (it's always covered in junk, but I need that space to do my homework since my twin sister thinks she owns the kitchen table) and separated all of the British money in my wallet from the American money, which took a really long time.

Now I'm going to go do my summer reading, since I'm only about halfway through the book and school starts on Tuesday. I'm not really worried, though, because I have a secret weapon: SparkNotes. 

So yeah, that was my day. You probably don't really care that much about what I did today, but I just feel so accomplished that I want to brag about it to the world.

*Virgil's talking and no one is listening*
DFTBA,
PDBAZ,
Peace, Love, and shiny pencils,

Virgil

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten all my stuff (I still need binders, folders, note cards, and a new pencil case)but we have this giant closet in my house with everything else. From notebooks to dividers to pens to highlighters and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like wonderland O.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Virgil's talking COMMA andbutso no one's listening* :P

    Ahhhhh Virgillll. I'm ashamed. Don't sink to the SparkNotes level. Tsk tsk. Shuuunn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting my school supplies tomorrow (basically everything that Momo said she needed). I love shiny new school supplies too. ^.^

    What? Virgil's using SparkNotes? :o Le gasp!
    *joins in with House on the SHUUNNNing chorus*

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad has ordained that I will get everything when I get the supplies list/teacher's orders...*sigh* I wanna smell new notebooks soooo badly!
    SPARKNOTES???? SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! (your wife's a READER!!! how could you use...*name forbidden*????

    ReplyDelete