Friday, August 13, 2010

Busy Weeks, Birthdays, and Beastly Memorisation

"You have two choices, and once you've chosen, you have most of your decisions made up for you." —Anon*

Hello ^_^

Dude, xiy's birthday (and birthday party ^_^) is tomorrow! Ah!!! I just got back from running errands all day (new soccer cleats, better shin guards, xiy's birthday gift, and doctor's). It's still actually really hot here, which is excellent because my team's got a super scrimmage tomorrow. (i.e. three games in four hours in the hot horrible ihateyousomuchdie sun)

I'm so excited for xiy's birthday! She's having her very first extra super special birthday party ever!! And keeping up with tradition, we're changing the banner drawing for her birthday. However, xiy is usually the one who does the drawing, seeing as she's the official artist of us six. We obviously can't have the birthday girl see her own banner before it's time, right? ^_^ And so I took up position of making the banner. About twenty seconds into it, I realised how crap I am at drawing people, so instead of drawing the traditional figures, I assigned everyone an animal. Because I'm just barely better at drawing animals ^_^ (Momo is a frog [1]; Carrie is a whale [2]; Lynda is a fish in a bowl [3]; House is a cat [4]; Virgil is a panda with bamboo [5].) I figured I might as well clear that up before it gets posted tomorrow... ^_^

Anyway. This week's been unusually and annoyingly busy, what with soccer and marching band. Ah, well. I suppose it's kinda like them getting us used to the school year once again :)

And with marching band comes lots of new marching band pieces that need to be memorised. And I (being me) am determined to at least try to get some of them memorised by this Monday, when the directors will be open to students playing by memory to be checked off. So that's what I'm gonna be doing for this weekend ^_^
(^All three of those sentences are actually sentence fragments. Whatever. Sorry, xiy ^_^)

... so, yeah, that's about it. Exciting, I know.

With all due respect,
House

P.S. DEAR XIY AND LYNDA: Sorry my handwriting's so crap... ^_^

*Dude, I'm totally naming my kid "Anon."

[1] Because frogs are cute and kinda crazy and green. And they hop around a lot.
[2] Because whales are totally adorable, duh ^_^
[3] Because fish can swim, and I can't really draw much else. Teehee.
[4] Because that totally works.
[5] Because pandas are happy, cute, and they can kill you by beating you with their [bamboo] sticks.

6 comments:

  1. Ah...I thought I was uploading the picture? I drew one...*sniffle*...oh well...I'll do the deco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda can upload hers too and then we can switch off!!! Haha. That's a problem.

    I thought I'd be a monkey or squirrel...

    THAT WAS THE 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it's wasn't the 100th. There was a duplicate post that was never posted and I deleted it. So, Virgil has the 100th post, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH It's my birthday! :D
    Thank you, guys! I <3 House's drawing, and I'll probably equally love Lynda's!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fish. I'm a fish. I'm a fish. I'm a fricking fish. I HATE SWIMMING(practice...but w/ev). I HATE FISH(unless to eat, and I'm /NOT/ eating myself). All they do is SWIM around! They're hideous, slimy, gross....I DON'T WANNA BE A FISH! WHY A FISH???? WHY NOT A KILLER WHALE? A DOLPHIN? A PENGUIN? THEY CAN SWIM TOO!!!
    Dude....so I'm Not doing the deco? either?....*sniffle* I feel useless...xiy's having a T-storm b-day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momo: lol, I was going to make you a squirrel, but I can't draw them. It ended up looking like a cat with a tiny head and a massive cancerous tumour of a tail ^_^
    xiy: Glad you like it. Can't wait to see Lynda's :)
    Lynda: ^_^ (You can add to the deco if you want. You're good at it.)

    ReplyDelete