Friday, July 9, 2010

Momo's Letter!

Ah! A ray of light in our too-hot-summer existence!
Momo has sent us a letter from camp!
[Now, I know this isn't my day to post, but, heck, 's an exciting event, right?]
Below is my [xiy's] transcription of said letter. 
All spelling and grammar has been preserved.
---
To My Dearest Curly Fries:
June 24, 2010


Hello, everybody! This is Momo...if you couldn't already tell. I am sitting here on the top bunk of my lonely bunkbed here at camp, and decided I should write a letter. Right now it is nap time here, but I don't do naps. I am being serenaded by the lovely "cawings" of crows/ravens and loons. It's actually getting quite annoying. How was Virgil's birthday, I'm guessing you already celebrated it because we have snail mail here...and you'll probably get this in a month or something. Camp is so far really fun. I'm here for High School credit so we have actual classes. I am in the highest class (WOOT, WOOT) and we are talking about Youth Culture. Our first project is coming up this week, we'll have 5 in all. I'm also in the newspaper group, out first paper comes out tomorrow. We started yesterday...the school newspaper should try brainstorming, writing, printing/distributing a newspaper in 3 days (and in another language). The only bad thing about the newspaper here is that we work on computers with internet, but we can't use the internet for fun!!! :(
Alright, now to make this letter more personalized, I will write you each a little letter:


To Carrie: Hi!!! I hope you are having a fun summer! You would really like this one girl in my house, you are really similar! I hope you and "A" are still together and not being naughty!


To House: Dude!!! House! Your camp is GHETTO! It's actually a Christian camp (haha) that was transformed. The food is supposedly not great and it makes you constipated, but a 7 yr.-old told me that soo...
P.S. I'm sure Easy has told you all about it...


To Lynda: Hi, buddy! Are you surviving your two lovely siblings? I decided to sent this letter to your house because I figured you'd be most excited...you get excited easily. Anyway, when House gets mad at me, I nominate you to say "Easy" a lot. :)


To Virgil: Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating with the Curly Fries! One of my classmates gets to meet J. K. Rowling this summer, I thought you'd like to know. Have fun at Infinitus!


To xiy: Hello, xiy! How have you been? Have you been keeping busy? I do hope you posted Virgil's birthday picture, it was super cool. Don't get bored, OK? I miss your witty comments! Bye!


Okay, I'll have to start homework (yes, I have homework, but it's fun) soon. I expect letters soon, or perhaps one GIANT letter! I hope someone posts this...


Questions:
1. Do you have my address?
2. Did this come reasonably quickly?
3. Without doing anything to in any way help you answer this... Hast du Mich verstanden?

4 comments:

  1. I feel guilty...Momo, I'm sorrry!!!! I haven't sent you anything yet!!! I may, but...uh. How many postage stamps do you need? (*ponders* should I do what Molly Weasley did? cover the front with stamps???) BTW, I have no envelopes. CORRECTION: I have no envelopes that doesn't have a C*** logo on it. (The astericks are for safety. xiy might be able to figure it out, ditto Virgil)
    aww...I'm making excuses(legitimate ones, but...)! I'm sorrrrrryyyy Momo!!! I wuv you stilL! Thnx for sending me the letter first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, you just need one "forever" stamp. That's it. Just one. Got it?
    Haha, I wrote you a letter last night, Momo. I sent it today, though I think it's too late to actually be *sent* anywhere (i.e., picked up by the postal service). I hope it gets there before camp's over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momo: You were told a lot of that by "EZ," who happens to be kind of a wuss. Just kinda. But whatever. And we're switching campuses next year, Ms. Prissy Rich German Camp.
    1) Yeah, and...?
    2) Um, sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...who could this "Anonymous" be? xiy, I got your letter like 10 days after you sent it. Stupid snail mail.

    ReplyDelete