Tuesday, July 6, 2010

GAAAH the HEAT! >.<;;

Hello there. How's life? [Oh, and happy Tuesday.]
Me? Ah, well. Life's okay, but I am not a fan of this weather. Today the temperature's supposed to be around 92F (for all the cool people who use metric/Celsius, that would be around 33C--I did that conversion in my head; be PROUD that my math skills haven't totally atrophied yet). Anything higher than 85F I don't like at all. 'S too hot
And there's no AC in my house, so I have to make do with ceiling fans. *Sigh*
*melts into a puddle of goo*
*reforms*


Yesterday, my family and Lynda's family went to the beach (it was a lake, not an ocean; just clearing that up). It was quite fun. We went in the afternoon, so the heat wasn't as bad (and, anyway, once you get into the water everything's nice and peachy). My dad got sunburned anyway, though. Heh. We also made this sand-fort-castle thingy at the very end; it's probably gone by now.
And I learned that my little sister is scared of large expanses of water. And she won't step on sand. Babies are funny creatures, aren't they.


In other news, I do believe that House has gone to camp by now. :( If so, there are now only four (4) Curly Fries left posting until at least mid-July, possibly even early/mid-August [I'm not too well-versed in the various schedules of the Curly Fries. Forgive me]. So, for all you readers excited for our book club (if anybody other than the 6LCF is reading this, please drop us a note in the comments? Even if it's just something like "hi there. bye," at least we know people are reading this), it won't be up 'til then.
Oh, and my birthday (August 14) is one month and eight days away! Woot! *eagerly begins countdown*


I requested a book called Kraken from the library ages ago, and I finally picked it up on Saturday (the book just came out). It's by China Mieville (there should be an accent aigu over the "e"); I really like his books, from the three I've read. I've gotten about one-fourth of the way through the book, and it's good, if weird. Oh, and the book uses British spellings; Virgil should be happy to hear that.
To sum up what's happened:
There's this giant squid in the British Museum that got stolen, and the curator, Billy Harrow, has no idea what's going on. Meanwhile, the police, a gang, and a cult devoted to the squid (the "Church of the Kraken," or something like that) are all looking for it, and Billy gets caught up in everything. And he still has more or less no idea what's going on. ^.^ Oh, and the squid/kraken's appearance/disappearance could just possibly signal the end of the world. Whee.
There's magic involved in the book, though it's all very modern (iScry FTW!).
So, yeah, xiy likes the book very much. The book makes xiy happy.

[Oh, wait. Questions...]
1) Which is better: French or Latin?
2) When is your birthday (you only have to give the date)?
3) Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
4) Do you use metric on a daily basis?
5) What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
6) What's the formula for converting Fahrenheit to Celsius?
     Celsius to Fahrenheit?



Erm, that should be it for this Tuesday, July 6, 2010 (one month and eight days until August 14!!).
Please continue to have a good day; don't let me ruin it or anything.


Cordially,
xiy

1 comment:

  1. *melt*
    *pool towards AC*
    *Reform*
    *comes back*
    *melt*
    REPEAT...
    sorry. Cannot answer anything. Currently in a strange melting paradox

    ReplyDelete