Friday, July 2, 2010

Frickkk Why Do People Wake Up This Early

"Women's intuition is surprisingly accurate." 
—Xu Xiaobin's effing long [but good] novel [that I just finished], Feathered Serpent

Dear world,
You wake up too bloody early. Legitimately. Like, you're all up in the /morning/. What's wrong with you? Sheesh. I tried my hand at getting up this early [8:00 am], and in my personal opinion, it sucks major butt. But whatever.
I think the only people excused from this letter are the people who have to get up this early for, like, a job, or something. Or, like, if you live somewhere where you have to, like, tend the cattle or fetch water that's fifteen frikkin miles away. Or something.
Kisses,
House

So... yeah. You might have inferred by now that (1) today, I woke up much more early than I usually do, and (2) I'm not enjoying it very much. In fact, I'd say (3) it kinda sucks. Because I'm cold. But whatever.

My dad is behind me watching Supersize Me (2004), one of my most favourite documentaries of, like, ever. He's in the very beginning of it, commentating as Morgan goes along, because we've both seen it before. Right now, they're playing "Fat Bottomed Girls," by Queen. Great song right there, that is.

Uh. So what else has changed since my last post...? Well, Independence day is drawing nearer, as is the time when I must go to camp.
Oh, yeah!
Camp.
Imma be there next week and the week after that, so I won't be able to post. I know you'll miss me. Try not to miss me too much.

Last night, I watched the hundredth episode of one of the best television programmes of ever, Ace of Cakes. The crew designed a cake that had a little plastic roller coaster going through it in honour of the opening of a new, gigantic, amazing, awesome, amazing, awesome, and did I mention awesomely gigantic and gigantically awesome? roller coaster, The Intimidator.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Throughout the show, they reminisced through cute little video montages about the past 100 episodes and how crazy amazing it's been. The show ended with Mary Alice working her philosopher side and saying how she thought that a roller coaster is the perfect metaphor for their bakery, Charm City Cakes. (Which is usually what I think of when I hear "Tri-C," btw.)

Yeah. That's about it.

Bye. See you in, like, three weeks ^_^

With all due respect,
House

[An hour and a half later:] Crap, I forgot the questions.
1) List the last three books you've read.
2) Do you have any plans for the Fourth of July?
3) Do you like wearing flip-flops?
4) If given the chance, would you ride The Intimidator?
5) Do you watch Ace of Cakes?
6) Cupcakes or cake?
7) Cookies or cake?
8) Android or iPhone?

[An hour after posting questions:] Oh, hey. Labels would be nice.


xoxoxoxo
6LCF

5 comments:

  1. HOney, I wake up at 7:20 on weekdays...DURING this stupid summer.
    1.(from latest to earlieset) HP #6, HP#7, The Last Silk Dress by Ann Rinaldi...I haven't been to the library in 3 frickkin weeks. I'm dying
    2.uhh...well my mom was asking me, my cousin if we had plans. As no people outside my family, have asked me anything...no...maybe my dad's planned something. or not. *sigh*
    3. Heck, yeah!
    4.NO. lemme say that again. NO!!!NONONONONONO!!!
    5.Not yet, but it sounds cool, so I might like, find it on TV to watch.
    6. depends. w/out parental peeps breathing down neck 'bout weight/fatness issues, I'd eat the whole cake(chocolate) but otherwise, the cupcake
    7.^see above^ 'cept, the cookie must be those soft ones, no oatmeal, no raisin, frosting is good. Too much choco chips=bad
    8.idk...idk...idk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. There's something wrong with the layout-changer of the blog (I'm just changing some fonts and colours; nothing major). I'll try again later, I guess.
    1) Latest to earliest: A Great and Terrible Beauty, by Libba Bray (gods, the protagonist is WHINY!); Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox, by Eoin Colfer; Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony, by the same author (what can I say? I'm in an AF mood).
    2) Nope. Eh, well, maybe setting off sparklers in the backyard. :)
    3) I can take it or leave it.
    4) Oh, gods, NO.
    5) Nope.
    6) Cake. 'Cause cupcakes are gone too quickly.
    7) Cookies.
    8) Well, I'm not terribly familiar with either one, so I can really say... :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I've been going to bed at a constant time of 12 30AM and actually once I woke up (all by myself) at about 6 30AM... but maybe in your case and by the type of person that you are, you are not a morning person. :) but that's ok. ♥
    1) To Kill a Mockingbird, My Sister's Keeper, and This Lullaby
    2)Ummm... I am actually going to a parade tomorrow. Maybe fireworks on the fourth?
    3)I guess.
    4)Hahahahaha, you're kidding right?
    5)On occasion. But it's a good show.
    6)cupcakes
    7)cake
    8)iPhone

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^I like that the first three people to comment were the ones that hate rollercoasters ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1) Read as in FINISHED or read as in /read/? Uh... Robinson Crusoe, Looking for Alaska, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    2)'Tis when I leave for Kentucky! My family usually hosts a BBQ and a fireworks-watching bonanza (because we get a great view) but I can't go this year.
    3)Yes I do =)
    4)HECK YES
    5)I watched like one or two episodes a while back, but I don't watch it regularly (I don't watch much TV... except for like right now, when Wimbledon is on.)
    6)Uh... they're the same thing.
    7)For our birthday this year, we had a cookie cake, which is a ginormous cookie with frosting on it that you cut up like a cake.
    8)Neither.

    ReplyDelete