Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Hey all!


I want to go to sleep, so this post will be relatively short :)


Today is the Lunar Calendar's NEW YEAR! Also known as CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!! YAY!!! My family had really yummmmmmmyyyy food yesterday and today: dumplings, seafood (you have to have this for the new year, it's to do with the word for "fish" and "plenty/extra" sounding the same-so if you eat fish, you'll have plenty/extra/surplus of GOOD THINGS/FOOD <3), nian gao (which is like, sticky rice cake things...mmmm) and lots of other delicious things. Anyways, that's really all I wanted to say. School has started again >.< Second semester is going, okay...Essentially, I am going to study really hard this semester, and get A+'s in ALL THE THINGS. This includes AP Bio tests and math tests...which I can totally do :)


For Chinese New Year, there's also this show/celebration/"variety show" on TV that my family watches every year. I couldn't find a video of it, but that's okay...
sooooo....that's all! I'll leave y'all with these lovely pictures! :D
Isn't that pretty? China makes really pretty things <3

Apparently, Chinese New Year/the Spring Festival is celebrated around the world now. This is in the UK.
While this isn't OUR table, it gives you an idea of how amazingly yummy and  how much food there is...
DUMPLINGS!!!
Common misconception...you don't "raise the red lantern" (lol) on Chinese New Year, that's for the Lantern Festival: the 15th lunar day!


Luv, Lynda!

No comments:

Post a Comment