Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and Such

Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow curly fries. 

Isn't nice not having school (even if its only an extra 3 days off)? I've been enjoying myself with Greek Project (which, by the way, I've gone all out with) and Thanksgiving festivities. 

Today my family and I went to the Hard Rock Cafe to feed the homeless, a tradition of sorts, and hang out with church friends. Then we went to a family friend's house and enjoyed a MARVELOUS feast of turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, asparagus, beans, root veggies, bread, stuffing, and lots of other little things I didn't even have time to process through my body. We then sat around for flan, apple pie, pumpkin pie, carrot cake, and my sister's homemade pink buckeyes.All the while my sister and sat and played really funny games and bothered each other to death.

Next, we traipsed over to another family friend's house for more dessert. I didn't eat any but it was fun listening to the adults reminisce and our friend's elderly and extremely Alzheimer-y grandma be confused. I felt kind of bad laughing but she kept calling her own daughter the wrong thing and asked how many units were in their house and if it was a new house (they've only lived there 16 years). 

Now we're home and I feel like a balloon in the Macy's Day Parade.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
-Momo

No comments:

Post a Comment