Friday, September 9, 2011

hooray for fridays!

Today there was supposed to be a fencing tournament and Momo, Virgil, and I were going to attend (and get soundly beaten by the eleven-year-olds, probably), but then it turned out to be an epee tournament (and for those who don't know, epee involves a slightly larger weapon and a larger target area and is generally far scarier than good ol' foil), and none of us know how to fence epee. And so we chose to stay safely at home instead of getting beaten by the adults who are apparently attending, because if there's anything worse than a scary fencing eleven-year-old, it's a scary fencing adult.


Speaking of fencing, I read a book called Foiled about a week ago that talked about fencing. It was kind of interesting to see what a legit fencer's life is like, though the plot got all muddy and strange about three-quarters of the way through, and it wasn't really developed properly. I don't know if there's supposed to be a sequel or if it was just because it was a graphic novel and there was some sort of restraint on length, but the plot was very badly explained toward the end. The drawing style was very good, though. And some of the double-page illustrations were really beautiful.

Also, I'm really tired. Today wasn't even a Greek day (and I fell asleep at ~10:30 last night too, which, all things considered, is fantastically early), but I woke up tired and the biology test didn't help at all, though I'm cautiously hoping that I didn't do too badly. 

And I really should be doing homework right now, but since I came home I've basically just been sitting around at home, eating and reading Agatha Christie. I really must have no life. (Agatha Christie is lovely, though. I'm reading The Mirror Crack'd at the moment, in a four-in-one Miss Marple Meets Murder book.)


The start of NHD is looming up rather scarily already, even though it's not completely due until January. APUSH Teacher is hinting pretty heavily that any boards (should we choose that option) are going to need to be MUSEUM QUALITY!11!1! and nothing less, which, uh, considering the state of last year's Robespierre board, might be rather difficult. But House and I are hoping for the best. :)


I was going to say something but then I forgot what I was going to say, and now I can't think of anything remotely interesting and so I guess I'll end it here. Or something.


I WILL TRY TO DRAW SOMETHING AND POST IT NEXT WEEK TO MAKE MY POST ACTUALLY INTERESTING. I WILL TRY.


xiy

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! I love Miss Marple! She's such an awesome old lady :)

    ReplyDelete