Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This is actually my very first Tuesday post, because last week's was a fail.

Right now I'm looking out the window next to my computer, and it's one of those times when there's a cloud like half-blocking the sun so the sunlight looks all streaky across the sky and it's just so darn poetic that it makes me start to think in John Green's voice.
*blissful sigh*
 This post may or may not turn out well. Let's see. Cue the theme music:
La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! Virgil loves the summer, and sunshine too! That's Virgil's wooorrrrlldddd!!!!! 


So yeah, it's starting to become summer here in Curly-Fry-Land. Today I got home from school and changed into shorts, so that's a pretty definitive sign that summer vacation must be nearly upon us.
...wait?! What's that you say?? We still have three more weeks of school? Dangit >.<


Today in science class I was calculating the molar mass of silver oxide or something, and it suddenly occurred to me that the radio station 107.9 is the same number as the molar mass (& average atomic mass) of silver (Ag). Isn't that interesting? The person who picked that number was probably a chemistry geek. Either that, or it's just a coincidence. 


Argh now the cloud moved and the sun is all "VIRGIL, IMMA BLIND YOU!!" I shall put the shade down. 


Do you guys want to see some of the covers I made on Picnik for my current writing project? 
Of course you do! 


 These are just the ones that I thought were presentable. There are at least four more that I made that were so atrocious that I didn't want to show them to you. I'm pretty sure these are in order of when I made them.

(from left)
1. This one uses the first title that I had in mind, and it features a girl flying over water. Hooray. 
2. Note the " 'til" rather than "till." This debate has caused me countless sleepless nights. 
3. Then I decided to use "till."
4. This one looks a bit creepy. She looks kind of dead. (lol spoilers)
5. This one might be my favorite so far. What do you think?

Well, all of the covers that I made are terrible in comparison to the one that xiy made:

skillz
It's so awesome ahhh yayy!!! 
It doesn't really work as well in inkpop-sized 80 x 120 pixels, but it's definitely the best. ^_^


"Am I flying or falling?"
That's the first sentence of the book. I swear it gets better. D:

Today I finally saw House and xiy's 9HD project in all of its blood-splattered glory, and I must say, it was very... interesting. Haha. Well, you can tell that they had fun making it :)

That's everything I have to say today. 


"Okay, idiotas. Say something nice. Or I will kill you." 
<3


Best wishes!
Virgil

7 comments:

  1. I like 2 and 5 the best. I should be featured on the cover (if it has anything to do with Neverland) because I will never grow up.XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 3 and 5 the best. (Momo: poster child for Neverland since forever. ^.^)

    My cover is just so drab and mud-colored and kind of murky, come to think of it. :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like yours better than xiy's. Hers looks...depressing. I LOVE 3, and 5 is gorgeous, and 2 is purty, and 1 is so cuuuuuuttteee, and 4 is intriguing!!!!

    Please let me read it at one point, when you're done...PLEASE. Or, if you publish it, let me have a free copy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like xiy's cuz she's jumping and you had that play some role in the book, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 and 5 are AMAZING, and I also really like 2. xiy's is also awesome, but it has a really different feel, so I would have to know more about the plot to make a good judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. totally agree with xiy about Momo being the posterchild for Neverland... =P :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 107.9 is the highest frequency available on the fm dial. The antenna for the station used to be in the middle of a pasture and because of the shape of the Cleveland area, we used to be hard to pick up in Cleveland itself but strong to the east and south.

    Thanks for making me feel really old btw -- I worked there when it was WDMT. I started there almost 30 years ago!

    House's Dad

    ReplyDelete