Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One Day More!

One day more! Another day, another destiny. This never-ending road to Calvary; 
These men who seem to know my crime,Will surely come a second time.
One day more!
~Jean Valjean, "Les Miserables" (the musical)

This quote is quite fitting for today's post, because:
1. The Six Little Curly Fries have a grand total of 1 more day of school (excluding finals) and
2. I have a recent obsession with Les Miserables. 
But I'm getting ahead of myself - theme song time!!!
La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! Virgil loves the summer, and Les Mis too! That's Virgil's woooooorrrrrrrllllldddd!!!! 

So yeah, ONE DAY MORE!! I'm not one of those people who really despises school, but it's time for it to end, and for summer vacation frivolity to begin! It's too hot to be in school now. We should have ended like a week ago, but I'll survive. 

The Memorial Day parade was yesterday, and the 4BandCF were all bustin' our butts out there in the sun. God, it was like ninety degrees. I died. >.< The clarinets were always on the wrong foot.... MOMO!!!
Lol jk. I didn't see if Momo was on the right (that would be LEFT!) foot.
I finished reading Les Miserables yesterday, and IT WAS LIFE-ALTERING. Like seriously, this is the best book I've ever read since Looking for Alaska (that excludes all the Harry Potter rereads, mind you). I saw the musical a couple months ago, and I thought it was amazing, but the book has so much more of an intricate plot that isn't even touched on in the show! Marius especially has a lot more depth & backstory than what is conveyed in the musical. Marius & Cosette 4 ever - officially my new favorite pairing of all time! 

Also, there was all that forgiveness/redemption/Jesus-y message, but I won't talk about it.
Silver candlesticks! Best symbolism ever? Yessssssssssss. <3 the bishop
Speaking of books, THE WARLOCK CAME OUT LAST WEEK!!! I still haven't read it, though - I'd like to finish rereading the series before I read the next installment, because I want to completely understand what is going on. Needless to say, I am SO PUMPED to read Scott's new book. Freaking DANU TALIS. The end of The Necromancer was such a killer. The two that are one, the one that is all. And there's only going to be one more book after this one, and then the series will be over! :( I'll need to find another fantasy series to cling to... *sigh* (little voice: maybe Virgil will stop reading YA fantasy novels? Virgil: NEVERR!!!)

Speaking of books, I recently reached like 16k on my current writing project. That might not sound like a lot to NaNoWriMo-ing people, but I value this 16k over both 50k novels of November '09 and '10 combined, because they are (in my humble opinion) good quality words. I kind of hope that I finish it before June 30th because that's the deadline for my Createspace coupon (from Nano '10 winner goodies) but I might not be done by then, so we'll see. 

That's about it. XD lots of happiness in Virgil's life right now! Yippee!! 
 Best wishes :)
Virgil

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for 16K! (Hooray for xiy's ability to make unintentional rhymes!)

    I don't really remember what happened in The Necromancer. . . Ah, well.

    Hooray for summer!

    ReplyDelete