Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I have a lot to do, very little time to do it, and nearly no motivation... so I shall write a post instead.

La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! La la la la, la la la la, Virgil's world! Virgil loves her music, and finals too! That's Virgil's worrrllldd!!!

Ah, yes, it's that time of year again. *sigh* I have no comment regarding finals, other than the fact that they are very final-y and cause unneeded stress every June. 


Today, I'm going to talk about MUSIC!! We re-started marching band on Friday (for the Memorial Day Parade next weekend) which is just dandy.

I recently made a new playlist on my iPod and called in My Most Favorite Songs. I shall share it with you now, because I don't have anything else to talk about and I really need to finish my math homework. 


(They're in order, with #1 being my most favorite and #21 being my twenty-first favorite)


1. Hedwig's Theme (the longer version from the first movie) - John Williams [There is nothing that can be said about Hedwig's Theme.... it completes my life.]
2. Jurassic Park - John Williams [it is not a well-known fact that I have an obsession with the music from Jurassic Park. It's just so epically amazing!!]
3. Harry's Wondrous World - John Williams
4. Jupiter (from "The Planets") - Gustav Holst [my favorite song that isn't written by JW!]
5. One Last Drink - Enter the Haggis [Look it up. Best party song ever... about a funeral.]
6. Do You Believe in Magic? - The Lovin' Spoonful [this is the version from the Parent Trap soundtrack]
7. Overture - Disney's The Little Mermaid (the Broadway production) - Original Cast [The pit orchestra for this recording is actually, like, the best one I've ever heard. That first trumpet part is like no other!]
8. You're Not There - Eddplant [This song is such a winner. House likes it too.]
9. Poet and Peasant Overture - Franz von Suppe [Nice name.]nice name]<="" span="">
10. Paperback Writer - The Beatles [Story of my life.]
11. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Donny Osmond & Chorus [Is there need for explanation? No.]
12. The World is Mine (I Don't Know Anything) - Alex Day [Ah...sheer wonderfulness <3]
13. Flying - James Newton Howard (This is that cool song from the new-er Peter Pan]
14. Granger Danger - Lauren Lopez & Joey Richter [I get really excited whenever this comes on.]
15. Prologue - John Williams [Epicness overload!]
16. Holding On - Alex Day ["I could bake a chocolate cake for you with tiers up to the moon..."]
17. Go the Distance - Roger Bart [We're translating "Hercules" in Latin class right now. hahahaha]
18. The First Star - Eddplant [Because he's my one-and-only true love <3]
19. Concertino - Cecile Chaminade - [I have to play this for an audition tomorrow... but I love it! Crap I need to practice...]
20. Neverland (Piano Variation in Blue) - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek [From "Finding Neverland." It's so pretty!]
21. Sweet Child O' Mine - Project Trio [This is an instrumental version on flute, cello, and bass. It's pretty beast. Look up Project Trio if you don't know who I'm talking about.]


I'm currently writing a five-movement suite for flute, and it's about Looking for Alaska. Maybe I'll put it on YouTube when it's done. 


Best wishes!
Virgil

5 comments:

  1. "I'm currently writing a five-movement suite for flute." no biggie. just another side project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the movements are pretty short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. House, I was totally thinking the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I third House's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fourth. Virgil, you're the coolest kid I know. (Aside from the other five of you, obviously :) )

    Also, on account of you, I've started spelling Virgil with an i even though I had decided firmly that I'd use e to match his Latin name. =P Congrats :)

    (Also, at present, I like you better than him anyway =P)

    ReplyDelete