Tuesday, January 25, 2011

hello, all and sundry

So, erm, right. Yeah. Right. Tuesday. My day to post. Oh gosh, what am I supposed to write about?

Well, we fencing Curly Fries skipped fencing today; or, more accurately, we were there for fail!footwork (they do things called "snakes" now instead of footwork; I suppose it's similar in theory, but snakes aren't fun at all) and then snuck out to do homework instead of actually fencing. There were, like, a ton of people there today, and it would have been terrible trying to find any working, fitting equipment.

I watched Virgil take notes about the Dalai Lama, read part of a book she had about Tibet, watched Momo do science homework, and sat around. I had homework too, of course, but all the necessary materials (textbook, Greek stuff, my brain, motivation) were all at home. 

It was, all in all, a very enjoyable experience.

You know, I really don't like the middle voice. Even though a lot of verbs have different meanings when put in said voice, a lot of them are implied and confusing and  "the subject verbs itself," which is basically what the middle voice is, just sounds so wrong. Sigh. Why does language have to be so complicated?

Okay, fail!short!rant is over.

Remember how Momo said in her post that finals are over and we can breathe without having panic attacks? Well, that may not be true. All the teachers are now firmly in "SECOND-SEMESTER-OMG-YOU-NEED-TO-COMMIT-YOURSELF-TO-DOING-WORK-AND-SETTING-GOALS-BECAUSE-IT'S-ALMOST-THE-END-OF-THE-YEAR-OKAY-LET'S-START-TALKING-ABOUT-JUNE-FINALS-NOW-OKAY" mode, and they've been assigning essays and projects like crazy. It's really annoying. ;_;


At any rate, I think I'm done.
G'bye.


xiy




No comments:

Post a Comment