Friday, October 1, 2010

IT'S FRIDDAYYYY HOLLAAAA

"Looked me up and down/I don't make a sound/There's a lesson that I want you to learn/It's if you're gonna play with fire, than you're gonna get burned." 
—The lovely Lily Allen, "Friday Night"

"I could bake a chocolate cake for you with tiers up to the moon"
—Alex Day <3 <3 <3


". . . let me give you some advice: when you want to use 'effect' as a verb, don't. Ever."
—John Green, professional G, yo

 
Hello :)

Lotsa stuff to say tonight, but I'll get through it fast, promise.

1) IT'S FRIDAYYYY!!! I mostly chose Friday because I loveee Fridays, especially after a particularly endless week. There's that lovely feeling when you think "Oh shoo, I've got homework-" and then realise that "-but that can wait 'till Sunday night, yo! :D "

2) Homecoming!!!!!!! Tomorrow's Hooomeeeeecominngggg for our dear school. Most of the 6LCF are too antisocial/lame/whatever to go. I think the only one of us that might is Carrie. Because she actually, like, has a life. Yay. Tomorrow is also the Homecoming football/marching band game and parade! Yay! Latin Club is marching, so let's all hope we can't feel our throats after tomorrow's cheering :) (id est, for Latin, not the football team. They kinda suck, but we're playing our rivals, so hopefully that will be enough motivation.)

3) A'ight, so they're all mad at me for not posting before. And they're just absolutely drooling over the idea of punishing me, so we'll see how that turns out. Virgil's idea is that I have to write 10,000 words (1/5 of NaNo) and share it with y'all. So... yeah.

4) I just got back from Hospice with our school's community work group thing, Youth Ending Hunger (Interact). That was pretty cool. Like, bad because it being hospice and all, but it was still like nice. They've got the most kick-a view of our lake, like, ever.

5) I SAW WAY TOO MANY SKINNY PALE LITTLE BOY LEGS TODAY. OHHH MYYY GAWWWDDD SOMEONE SAVE ME. Like, there was a boys' cross country meet today, so they all wore their uniforms to school. "Uniforms" = little jerseys and tiny shorts (with their boxers on display to the world) that'd give the California girls a dang good run for their money. Holy crap.

6) Our country is a failure. We took these standardized tests this week. In the language section, there was suchhh a low expectation for grammar and stuff like that. (Question one: Which is incorrect? A) I went to the store. B) I have been to the store. C) They have not yet gone to the store. D) We hadn't been done there to it the store. [*die* {Okay, it wasn't that bad. But the punctuation could have been so much better. Like, there might have been one colon[/semi colon?], and that was it. (Oh, and this lovely rant is totally correctly punctuated, yeah...)}]) [<- lol]

And... yeah. That's it, I think.

With all due respect,
House

1 comment:

  1. OMG! The Latin float is totally beast (even though of all of us only xiy, Virgil and I helped in the building of it). Anyway, I wanna put some pictures up of it. It's so cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete