Tuesday, July 27, 2010

O.O Scuba Diving

Haaaapy Tuesday, all of you wonderful people reading this blog~!

Today, I went scuba diving (*collective gasp*)!
What did I learn from this exciting experience? Two things:
1) xiy scuba diver; she will never be one.
2) xiy is very, very bad at interpreting underwater sign language.
Right.
I learned point #1 immediately after the instructors (and the instructional video) said that "if one holds one's breath while scuba diving, and then rises, one could rupture one's lungs." Oh, and "it is scientifically proven that if one tries hard enough, one can rupture one's lungs in 2.8 feet (approx. 0.85m) of (sea)water." Great. Wonderful. I am never, ever, going to ever scuba dive in deep water after this. So, yeah. ^.^ That, and the whole pinch-your-nose-and-blow-out-to-equalize-your-sinuses-and-ears thing (it's extremely hard to get a good grip on one's nose when one's nose is in a scuba mask).
The only time I'd scuba dive again is if there's relatively shallow water, with some pretty coral reefs and some interesting wildlife. Maybe then I'd go. But otherwise, no.
It's not even that I find scuba diving scary, per se. There's just too much crap ("Oh, no! xiy used a BAD WORD!" I can already hear your reactions. >:}) to worry about. And it's underwater. And lungs could possibly rupture. Three cheers for the bends! ^_^ And my eyesight's not too good without my glasses.
[Which brings us to point #2!]
I learned point #2 while trying to watch one of the diving instructors give out directions to do one of the underwater skill-things that we were supposed to learn. Everything was sort of blurry, and I couldn't see terribly well, and, I swear, some of those hand signals could mean anything. So I got rather confused. :( 
(So don't ask me to interpret underwater hand signals, either.)


Otherwise, I had a pretty good day.
I've been fiddling around with my LJ a bit recently. Follow the link if you dare. It's not a terribly interesting blog (I say a lot of the same things I say here); I just sort of write about my life, etc. But you're welcome to go comment on it if you wish. :) Go on, do it. I need comments. (And I have no friends on LJ, which kind of sucks. Apparently, I'm shy both in real life and on the Internet. :|)
There's some totally awesome icons you can find on LiveJournal too, if you look carefully enough. I found a lot of really awesome LotR ones.


Haha, look at me talking about LJ on Blogspot. -.-;;
[One last thing, though: if I were to have a blog somewhere else, I would definitely make it on Wordpress. Just sayin'.]


Okay, lastly:
Could we do another theme week, perhaps next week? Does everybody have use of a computer? If not, we could always wait until, say, later in August to do it, but I was wondering.

Goodbye, then.
.:xiy:.

2 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHA...i love your learned things. Hehe.
    Yeah...theme week. Well. I have no idea. Perhaps ranting? THen again...I try to /not/ rant on this blog...idk. Maybe your favorite country and fun facts.Maybe a video that's hilarious. YES! THAT's IT! CUZ I HAVE THE PERFECT VIDEO>.> LOL. OK? PLEASE AGREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er, sure?
    Or just any YouTube video that we like. How 'bout that?

    ReplyDelete