Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today There Will Be a Linkity-Link-Link in the Bloggity-Blog-Blog. Teehee!! ^.^

Evening, Chap! Wow. Is it really the last Wednesday of May 2010? [Rhetorical question] Welcome to today's addition to the Week of Awesome. The charity I chose to tell you about today is World Food Programme (WFP) http://www.wfp.org/ <--- linkity-link-link numero uno (should be unus because of Latin power) but you can also help out and/ or get to it through http://freerice.com/ <--- linkity-link-link numero duo
Anywho...about WFP: (I'm on the website right now. You should be, too!) Some of their goals include reducing chronic hunger worldwide and responding to emergencies fast. To help prevent hunger in the future, WFP sets up programmes that use food as a way to build aspects, spread knowledge about nutrition, and help keep communities strong and dynamic. WFP also makes sure to help with school food programmes in developing countries and those in poverty. But they don't only help with the fight against hunger, WFP also believes in good nutrition for those with HIV/AIDs. They mainly help out in the more developing countries/ areas like Africa, South America, Asia and the Middle East. They also are working hard in Haiti, helping out with food drives and such (:
Freerice is also an amazing website that works with WFP. Basically you don't need to sign up or send anything, all you have to do is pick an academic topic and answer questions (about vocabulary and mathematics and such) at whatever level you want. With each question you answer correctly, they donate 10 grains of rice to countries in poverty. Within five minutes, you can donate about an entire bowl of rice.
Now either you can go save a life or read the rest of my post. (I would suggest the linkity-link-links; I might just ramble from here.)
Actually, I'd like to share a piece of my writings with you guys. :D It's not too recent... I'll probably save more recent stuff for later on.
*clears throat* Here we go. Enjoy!

[Untitled]
Feeling alive. Being able to breathe air. Feeling the pulse of ink. The ink that runs through these veins. No use for blood. Why live like a normal human? Rather to live as a poet. To suffer from writer's block and insomnia. Find peace in lovely landscapes and inspiration. Why live like a normal human? Live for the moment. Feel the ink that runs through the veins. Suffer from heartbreaks, while finding love in synonyms and antecedents. Escape from paper. Listen to the notes, Experiment with colour. Hear whatever isn't there. Colour your own world. Paint the blue sky purple. Listen to English in Japanese. Fall in  love with everything. Remember what wasn't there. Cherish all that was. Apologize for nothing. Hear what you see. Taste what you feel. Feel the ink that runs through the veins, Nothing's going to stop me now. Why live like a normal human?***

Yes, well 'tis all. -[^.^]- <(good-bye, all!)
DFTBA! Now make like a superhero and go save the world. ♥

Smiles, hugs, and lots of love,
Carrie

*I know and like the kind of thing you want to go for with the huge block of simple sentences, but you probably want to have a few complex/compound-complex ones in there, too, so it doesn't get choppy or boring sounding after a bit.  Even compound will do.  But I like the main idea of the passage, yeah.
 **It's a poem! The point is to be like that, not grammatically correct (see e.e.cummings). Poetry has no guidelines (except that it must be awesome).

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I liked your writing piece. And the linkity-link-links.
    I remember the ELA teachers telling us about freerice.com! I'm doing the English grammar part right now, and I've currently donated 290 grains of rice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe thanks xiy. yeah my friend told me about it a couple years ago... I was just thinking about diff charities and remembered free rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told the ELA teachers about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* your writing piece! Siriusly. It's OK to have long blocks of simple sentences (certain English teachers would argue that many of them aren't full sentences, but who cares? It's the style!) especially in a short paragraph such as this. <3 I used to go on freerice every day :) it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post and your poem!!! I wish I was such an awesome poet!!!(*clears throat bashfully* I'm actually terrified of poetry) Anyways, my random poems tend to be interestingly funny...Remember my poem for Momo's b-day? (that was from a spurt of anxiety "OMG, her b-day's tomorrow!!!" and a bit of caffeine<- several cups o' coffee) Can't wait for your next post!

    ReplyDelete