Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Days don't really count anymore... right?

Anyway, hi. This is Virgil. 

Um. I had an idea a second ago. I swear I did. 

...oh well. Anyway.

Here's a poem: 

Moon Rock
  
What do you wish for, oh daughter, sweet love?

said he to the girl dressed in pink. 
I wish for the shine of the moon on my skin,
said she who each night dreamed in ink.
He flew to the moon and picked up a piece,
brought it home in a white rocketship;
The rock did not shine, for there was no sun,
And the girl dressed in pink gave this tip:
Father, my father, I know you mean well,
What I meant was it’s time to let go.
Under this roof I am shielded from harm,
Yet ne’er have I felt the moon’s glow.
I know that the sun’s rays are harmful,
and they lead to skin cancer and burns;
But without those rays the moon would be dark,
As ev’ry good third grader learns.
The girl dressed in pink at last stepped outside,
And her dreams were at once filled with gold,
She who had once only known black and white -
It was finally time to grow old.

Yeah. okay. 
peace. 

1 comment: