Sunday, April 29, 2012

guys. GUYS. 

CURLY FRIES ASSEMBLE.

A'ight. So what had happened was...
We were sitting at lunch, right? And we were bored because we were in middle school, and that's about all middle school seems ever to be for. Then the lights dimmed. Only a single brilliant beam of light shone down upon our dear Momo, who was suddenly struck with an idea. What about a collab blog? Kind of like the Five Awesome Girls of YouTube, except the Six Something Somethings of Some Blogging Site?
The six no-lifers were overjoyed at this concept. Writing? ZOMG FUN.
After much debate, they settled on House's idea for a name, the Six Little Curly Fries {capitalising "the" being optional}. Figuring internet anonymity would be a good thing, they chose nicknames quickly.
Magically, they each wanted different days. Hoorayyyy.
And so—after a little bit of site debate—this blog was borned.

I know we've been totally neglecting this blog, BUT let us not forget that TODAY IS OUR TWO-YEAR ANNIVERSARY HOORAY so even though we're all insanely busy etc. I want everyone to get their lovely butts over here and say honestly whether you thought we would hold out this long. I'll go first. 

Virgil: No, I didn't think we would last this long. I originally figured that we might keep it up for a couple months and then it would fizzle out. It might feel like it's fizzling out a bit now, but that's just because high school is insane and stuff. I love all you guys and I want us to keep this going especially when we all go to college, as a non-Facebook way of keeping in touch. It feels more intimate, you know?  So anyway, I've written a poem for ya'll to express my feelings. Actually, I haven't, but I'm about to as soon as I'm done typing this sentence. 

Roses are red
Violets are blue
No other French fries 
Are curlier than you! 

Carrie: *begins to tear up* Guys, GUYS! We're all growing up so fast. I don't know if I-- I'm sorry, I'm getting emotional. *sniff, sniff* You all are just so lovely. And I'm glad that we've been able to keep this blog going two years, and hopefully many more to come. :) I remember on this day last year, we were all assembled at Momo's house and watching Starship. *Sigh* such good times. Please please please please pleassssseeee can we get together sometime?!?!?!?!!??!?!??! I miss you all so dearly. It's like there's this little hole inside my heart that only all of you can fill up. <3 Okay, I'm gonna go now before I burst into pathetic, pitiful sobs of joy. Two year, woo! Let's go for 97 more. :D 

xiy: Ohmygoodness, we're so old! I honestly never thought forward as far as one year, let alone two, so it's really lovely to see us hit our landmark—even if it's been a bit slow recently. A slow blog is definitely better than a dead one, so kudos to all of you dear Curly Fries for its maintenance! ♥ We can go on forever, I think. We should go on forever. There's been no proper celebrations yet, but that's not important. What is important is that you're all such brilliant friends that I would never ever want to give up. I will raise us a hot-chocolate toast to years and years more together, and know that I love all of you with the depths of my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment