Friday, May 27, 2011

school is almost over. this pleases me.

Hullo.

In English class, we've been reading Romeo and Juliet, which is a play that I both like and hate. One the one hand (<-that is what too much Greek translation does to you; you start using μεν. . . δε everywhere), Shakespeare's language is lovely. There are some bits that I really really like, and of course all the long rambling speeches are fun to read. On the other hand, the characters are kind of annoying (I think my favorite is the prince, only because he seems like the only sensible one and I feel bad for him having to run a city where the two biggest families hate each other and are constantly causing widespread chaos) and/or tiresome and not really sympathetic. So that kind of ruins it.

(I had fun writing an alternate ending, though. I stayed up rather late yesterday to finish. I do hope English Teacher likes it. The great and wondrous SBL helped me come up with a nice, grammatically-correct Latin title. I am pleased.)

Finals are coming up. Ew.

One good thing is that, supposedly, the next week or so in Curlyfryland is actually going to be sunny and warm and without precipitation, i.e., unlike what it has been since basically April. This is exciting. :D


Memorial day is on Monday; happy holiday in advance. (Have fun playing in the parade, you band people.)

Oh, and I drew you a Takumi. (Takumi, for those who aren't familiar, is a character from Looking for Alaska by John Green who has the most amazing hat ever.)

It seems like all my posts nowadays involve me showing you my art. . . I could stop, if you like.

hooray for fox hats!
 Yeah, that's probably it for today. Do please enjoy the rest of your day.

Cheers (I guess I've finally found a closing phrase),

xiy

4 comments:

  1. Lol. xiy, never ever EVAR stop putting these wonderful pictures up. Got it? Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. μεν...δε...! :) :) :)

    I find myself editing multiple of those constructions (in English) out of all my papers...that and non modo...sed etiam (not only...but also/even...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the one hand, the field is small, but on the other hand, the work is large.

    Haha.

    Keep showing us art! I love your art!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why would you all take all my comments? As Momo said, <3 your drawings. Post them allllllllll :D

    And everything Michael said. x2.

    And Virgil, you're adorable :D

    ReplyDelete