Monday, May 24, 2010

Theme Week #2 Begins!

Before I get into the writing of my actual post, I would like to end theme week #1. And with a bang..ish. I was thinking about Blue Laws (or silly laws) that I could write about, but I couldn't choose one particular place. So instead, I looked up the top 100 dumbest laws in America. I chose a site that had them all in order already, but I didn't think I should copy and paste all 100. Instead, I will tell y'all of the top 20. *Dims the lights*. This is...The Top 20 Count Down!
  1. It is illegal to drink beer out of a bucket while sitting on the curb-Illinois
  2. It is illegal to fish in your pajamas-Illinois
  3. It is illegal to hunt from an aircraft-Iowa
  4. It is illegal to hunt whales-Kansas (it's funny because I doubt there are many whales in Kansas!)
  5. It is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket-Kentucky
  6. it is illegal for children to attend school with their breath smelling of wild onions-West Virginia
  7. You can't kill a hedgehog you have as a pet with a green colored dagger-Vermont
  8. It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane-Alaska (I know we already had this one!)
  9. It is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license-California
  10. It is illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner-California
  11. It is illegal to walk across the street on your hands-Connecticut
  12. It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6:00 pm on Thursdays-Florida
  13. It is illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp-Georgia (gosh darnit! We already had that too!)
  14. It is illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds-Idaho
  15. It is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless her husband is waving a flag in front of it-Louisiana
  16. It is illegal to take a lion to the movies-Maryland
  17. It is illegal to deface a milk carton and is punishable by a $10 fine-Massachusetts
  18. It is illegal to provide beer or other intoxicants to elephants-Missouri
  19. It is illegal to slurp soup-New Jersey
  20. It is illegal to greet each other by putting one's thumb on the nose and wiggling the fingers-New York
Haha. That was funny. Okay, and now theme week #2 starts. Goodness! Okey dokey then. I'm not  exactly sure what I'm supposed to do with this, but today we are starting our second theme week...like I already said. We will be having the Week of Awesome (this was proposed by Virgil). This means that each curly fry must choose a charity of choice (that's redundant, I know) and tell the others why it is so awesome. The charity of my choice that I have chosen to choose is called Compassion® or Releasing children from poverty Compassion in Jesus' Name. <--And no, there are no commas. I'm not allowed to get into the specifics with religion, so if you don't believe in Jesus, just ignore the "in Jesus' name" part. What this charity is is a  Christian organization that gives families a child to sponsor. My family's child's name is Sheuly. She is from northwest Bangladesh and her family only makes about $32 a month. Each month my family sends $17. This small amount of money allows her to go to school with real books, get more quality food, better quality buildings in the village, and, of course, the introduction of Christianity. Along with this, we send her letters every once in a while and she sends letters back. It is a great charity and I think more families should join to help the millions of children in poverty.

Today I am not feeling as chatty as normal. Especially since it is so purty outside and I don't feel like sitting in front of this computer any longer. Besides, there isn't much to write about anyway, so this is about it.

News Section:


  • Starting today, instead of having what we learned today, we will be having the question of the day. I suppose you could choose one or the other depending on what is on your mind. The questions can be rhetorical like "What is the meaning of life?" or meant to be answered like "What is 1+1?" in which case they would be answered in the comments.
  • This week (for realz this time) we will be having the official one-month anniversary of the 6LCF. This special anniversary post will be very special...and secret... All I can say is that it involves sock puppets.
My question for the day is not rhetorical. It is quite a good question I think, and that is:
Should a boy, even if he is going out with a girl already, not ask her to the school dance that just happens to be next week because they decided (over email or something) that they will go (they said "I guess" though) together, or should he still ask?

The End

P.S. I just noticed (when I wrote "The End") that I had written this entire post on the wrong blog...so I had to copy and paste all of it here.

7 comments:

  1. *Hits table* The hypothetical boy asked the hypothetical girl, alrigh? *Sigh*
    Lovely post; I liked it a lot ^_^ (Yeah, the charity sounds, like, really cool. Like, legittt.)
    x
    H
    P.S. Oh, and I'll get to editing your post soon; don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But he didn't technically *ask* you though, did he? The way I heard it, the hypothetical couple had an exchange roughly along the lines of, "should we go?"
    "Do you want to go?"
    "Do you?"
    "Do you?"
    "..."
    "I don't know. Do you want to go?"
    [Rinse and repeat x7]
    "Alright, let's go."
    So, really, I think the hypothetical boy should ask as a sort of ceremonial gesture. Sealing the relationship, or something. *grin*
    Oh, and wonderful post, Momo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first "you" meaning "the hypothetical girl," of course. Heh. *coughcoughcough*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today:

    "So, do you want to go to the dance with me?"
    "[Haha] Sure ^_^"

    So rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Publius Vergilius MaroMay 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM

    That wasn't a count down, Momo. It was a count up. 1 to 20. (I thought you were good at math!)

    Hehe. Nice post. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually noticed that but I didn't feel like changing it...:)
    @xiy...you funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the post! *clear throat* Since the only way I get to annoy the hypothetical girl and boy is to go to the dance...So this means that I should go to the dance right?...Well, at least I'm going shopping for a skirt this weekend(Graduation...yay!) Anyways...Umm...what ARE we doing for the anniversary?

    ReplyDelete